We must stick with silva as fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he is under pressure yet, but for me I am more worried about the performances than the results.
when new players are being bedded in it can take some time for a team to settle. We are trying to fit Delph , Iwobi and Kean into the team and if not for injury Gbamin would be a fourth. It will take time to settle and we will see us concede stupid goals at times. Losing Gueye just makes it even more difficult .

However, what worries me is how pedestrian our play seems to be even though we have players such as Digne,Iwobi and Richarlison who do have lots of pace.
The better teams attack at pace , just look at Liverpool, City and Spurs and this is what we should be trying to do as well and sometimes when we do we look like a properly decent team but it just is not happening often enough.

I do give credit to Bournemouth because they did operate at a higher tempo than we did and for me this is the biggest problem the manager has to address.

Silva is now imo a problem stubborn will not change the system we play subs are nearly always wrong, he has spent a fortune in EFC terms, and we look worse........

I rarely moan about EFC stuff but, the fans are turning and he has only got himself to blame. His refusal to change things, anything, is baffling. Sticking with Theo last year, DCL and Schneids this. If it is not working at least TRY the other options.

for the sake of how well we do this season It Is imperative that we dont turn our back on Silva just yet. It has been possibly a poor start if you consider the opposition we've faced, however we are still not out of touch from where we want to be. If we start showing negativity in our home games then this will only serve to work against us.

Silva must improve on away form that is for sure and if he doesn't then he has to go. However if we look at previous managers, the minute the fans turned their back on them then it seemed their time was numbered and positive results seemed impossible. Silva still needs the time to prove himself and we really shouldn't turn on him just yet as there are still reasons to believe he can turn it around and as a club we just cant afford another season or two of transition.

Not far off turning my back on Everton at the moment. Might start paying more attention to my second team, Derby County.

Obviously too early for the boot 5 games into the season, but review him again at Christmas, if we've started to show some consistency, and he starts to show initiative away from home, then he gets the rest of the season, he'll then have another Summer transfer window under his belt for the following season, that's a fair crack of the whip IMO.

I rarely moan about EFC stuff but, the fans are turning and he has only got himself to blame. His refusal to change things, anything, is baffling. Sticking with Theo last year, DCL and Schneids this. If it is not working at least TRY the other options.
This. Sure, making changes may not work but at least try them and just see what happens. If we are going to insist on playing this stupid 4-2-3-1 system then a number of the current players are clearly not suited to it and are not comfortable playing within it, so he should be looking at something more suited to the squad we have. To me, i find Silva is more of a training ground coach, hence why a number of the players seemed to improve a bit last season, when it comes to match days and all the in game stuff he just seems way out of his depth imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.