We must stick with silva as fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading a great EFC book atm does this sound so familiar -
" Once again Blues supporters,and the press questioned the managers tactics his 4 2 4 - but on the field it was morphing in to a 4 5 1 with top class prolific goal scorer Fred Pickering being isolated and not getting a sniff at goal"

That Manager was the great Harry Catterick - jostled at Blackpool 1966 as we were going and playing terrible in a run of games - he changed the system and trusted youth and bingo that year we won the FA Cup - the rest was history for him playing and me seeing the greatest midfield ever you could see- in 1969/70 winning a title with breath taking football and the few years before that we were brilliant too...
Will Silva trust youth or will he change our formation as before I have quoted we could have the best striker in the world , and we would struggle in Silva's team

he hasnt learned from millwall,watford and rest of last seasons calamitys,even from the villa defeat.
schnedelein getting sent off at palace and straight back in!
barca played a 16 year old from the start last night,but he wont start kean for some reason!
sitting on his arse without a clue when the 2nd and 3rd went in on sunday,
i really hope im wrong but i fear for him if the home form starts to suffer!

This. Sure, making changes may not work but at least try them and just see what happens. If we are going to insist on playing this stupid 4-2-3-1 system then a number of the current players are clearly not suited to it and are not comfortable playing within it, so he should be looking at something more suited to the squad we have. To me, i find Silva is more of a training ground coach, hence why a number of the players seemed to improve a bit last season, when it comes to match days and all the in game stuff he just seems way out of his depth imo.

Yeh, we know we have injuries but we do have other forwards and midfielders. It is his job to find solutions and ways of playing these lads in a bid to get goals.

Sitting there with his sulk on ain't it.

if he would have finished top 7 and got into europe he wouldnt have been sacked!

Don't talk so soft. As the last guy said he was only there for the season. The 18 month contract was the sweetener 'cos even SA would have known he was only there for the rest of the season.

Unless the wheels completely come off it's probably better to see the season through and reassess at the close. Firstly because it gives him a proper chance to get his ideas across, integrate the new players etc. However disappointing this start may have been, it's only 5 games, there were positive signs only recently in regard to turning Goodison into a fortress and he's yet to have much time with his first choice midfield in place. So maybe things will improve.

Secondly, because even if you think he's the wrong guy, there are more choice in replacements and a better chance of getting a top appointment in the summer than during the season. That also means your new guy gets a recruitment window and a pre-season to work his magic and thus a better chance of a good start and a feel good factor.

Obviously if it's going all Koeman then you need to act sooner, but this is a club that's been down the caretaker road and pushed the Allardyce panic button recently. There's deadwood in the squad and too many players on the books. So the best course of action is for the board and fans to stay the course for now, give Silva and his team their support and hope that they can deliver, with one eye on Christmas and the January transfer window if it's all gone wrong.

Obviously too early for the boot 5 games into the season, but review him again at Christmas, if we've started to show some consistency, and he starts to show initiative away from home, then he gets the rest of the season, he'll then have another Summer transfer window under his belt for the following season, that's a fair crack of the whip IMO.
A couple of good results and the pressure will go away, but a couple of poor results and he will be in serious trouble as he could lose the support of fans.

Strange to say but I think the game on Saturday is maybe more important for him than it should be.
I think Bournemouth away was not an easy game for any team and I would have been satisfied with a point. I don't think we have lost much ground because of the result itself. It is the performance and team selections I think that are making fans unhappy more than anything.

I think it is already time for him to be sacked.
If our away form carries on like that it's inevitable ..... just imaging our past managers excluding Fat Sam, and Koeman as they had funds - if DM, or RM had those funds he is getting...?
they run the club on very little money in today's environment......

I agree with the sentiments in the meantime. We need to support the team because it's still very early in the season.

But it's a two way Street. Silva has to do far better if he's to be a success here. Most people have genuine concerns about the quality of football we are seeing, and the tactics employed away from home. These concerns are only eased by visible improvements on the pitch.

Silva has a great job but it's a tough job too. If we don't see any improvements by Christmas then he will lose support. And I don't think anyone will be able to argue that he hasn't had a fair crack here.

Maybe, just maybe the fan base need to stop thinking Everton as a fans club and one of a football club?

What I mean is , thread after thread about supporting / out in regards to the manager is a waste of time. We should be a target driven club now , and judge a manager on that rather than losing to bournemouth (again).

Going straight to Silva out all the time is no different than Watford or west ham fans. Demanding instant success but then bemoaning some of the players we have to play. We get somewhere by progressing now, not buying a cup.

Silva may be not good enough but sacking one mid season gets us allardyce type managers who set us back rather than take us anywhere near where we want to be. How about we back the team rather than just solely the manager? Then the club can evaluate whether he has done good enough?

Changing managers regularly turns us into Watford , sure you are laughing them on the Garcia thread for that exact reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.