Homepage Article "We have 100% trust in him"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason for Keane and minas improvement is obvious. Protection. If Keane is played in a back four with digne and Coleman then he is often left exposed and that doesn't suit his or Minas game. Both are slow and not very agile so can be made to look very average if left in 1 v 1 situations with opponents.

With the two very pacy defenders (Godfrey + holgate) tucked in as disciplined full backs when the other team have possession, these situations aren't happening and its leaving Keane and Mina to do what they do best. Win their aerial duels and plug in gaps in between the lines. The formation works perfectly to their strengths and is the reason for the massive upturn in form for the whole team. It wouldn't surprise me if we continue to see digne played left wing with the exception of games against the very bottom clubs.

So I don't think Keane or Minas improvement is necessarily down to anything other than the consistency and confidence gained from being allowed to play their natural game and thriving in it.

You could read into that the squad haven't trusted or universally brought into our previous managers. Such an important part of the game.
To be honest neither did I, Silva being the lowest point, could not find reason or logic in that appointment. The others have gone on managed elsewhere. We do have one of the greats now Ancelotti, winning hearts minds and matches....

Of course Keane is going to say he trusts him 100% he's hardly going to say i trust him 86.4% is he

Well, no, but if he didn't trust him 100% then he just wouldn't say anything, would he...

It's not like somebody asked him what percentage he trusted the manager. It's also clearly not a player publicly 'backing' an under fire manager.

I think the current system suits Keane but we will only get so far with that system. If we start playing attacking full backs again his lack of pace will once again be exposed. When Keane plays on the right with Coleman at full back and James on the wing effectively Doucoure ends up having to do the running for all of them hence why his form dropped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.