2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think he'll be good for us. He hasn't exactly started brilliantly but once he gets his first proper goal for us and gets fitter I think he will start making stuff happen. Some of his turns and touches, even in the second leg where he was gash, were really good. We are still nowhere near top gear this early in the season I think there's a lot more to come from us and Mr Rooney. We shall see

Think his link up play with Klassen and Sandro has shown glimpses of promise.

It's pathetic though to write someone off after a few pre season scuffles.

He will provide us with some moments of quality this season, and yes, he will provide us with some mediocre displays. But he will get hung out to to dry and critiqued like no other.

Too many on here with their pitchforks out before the Premier League seasons even started. Give the lad a chance.

I didn't see the sense in bringing him back to the club and I honestly can't see a role for him in the team. DCL has done more in his cameo appearances and if we don't get a proper centre forward in I would prefer to see him and Sandro starting up front. I don't see Rooney getting a place in mid field either, particularly if that slow moving iceberg eventually drifts it's way to Goodison.

Think his link up play with Klassen and Sandro has shown glimpses of promise.

It's pathetic though to write someone off after a few pre season scuffles.

He will provide us with some moments of quality this season, and yes, he will provide us with some mediocre displays. But he will get hung out to to dry and critiqued like no other.

Too many on here with their pitchforks out before the Premier League seasons even started. Give the lad a chance.

He is costing 150k a week, he must perform at a consistent medium to high level for that reason alone. I think it could go either way he may score 10 goals and be a good player maker for us or he could end up playing like he did last two games (badly) and not play much at all for the season and then becomes a coach for us next year.

I think he will be good for us.....but if the window ends and it has the optics of basically him replacing Lukaku ..... fume ON

We are talking of a 150k player per week here, to be used sparingly - he will come good when we get two good forwards - how long is it since we sold Lukaku ?
we should have signed a top centre forward by now after all we have loads of money!

Status
Not open for further replies.