2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can never argue with a man is glasses, therefore I apologise if I spoke out of turn.However, been reading threads on here for a few years now and now at the point where it's a bit PC where every opinion from other fans seems to be more respected than proper blues. This manc lad is only here to act like a consoling grandparent because we has apparantly signed a player from there lot who s past it and now everyone feels sorry for us. Rooney hasn't kicked a ball competatively for us yet, but he's already written off?? Behave!

Lots of Blues thought he was done before he came here. I didn't want Rooney back myself, as I believe he may well be done. This based on his performances for united over the 3 seasons, either games shown on tv, or MOTD.

I've said this before on here that I didn't want him. But, I've also said I'm willing to give him a chance to prove it one way or the other. I want him to prove me wrong and be fantastic for us as it'll only help us out.

At the minute he seems to be trying far too hard to have a special moment. I hope that once he gets a competitive goal it might calm him down a bit and let him play on instinct.

I don't think you're very good at reading between the lines...

How very dare you!

In all honesty though mate we can all see what he can and can't do anymore so pretty aware of his limitations and what he can still offer.

I think it was a good time to move on, I'm happy he's come here I'll be honest. Not expecting any magical 25 goals a season player but I'm pretty confident he will get 10+ and if 3 are against the rs, 2 against your lot, 1 against your other scruffy neighbours and a couple against the arse, Chelsea and spurs and a few that might win us a cup then we will have done alright out of it.

This is exactly what my biggest beef with signing Rooney was. Everyone is so desperate for him to do well because "he is one of us." Everyone who watched the game from the outside would tell you that Klassen was miles better than Rooney last night.

All of the papers have sided with Klassen performing better and people are now making this a competition and luckily for Rooney we are still basically in preseason. As things stand, he is a rotation player for me. He is capable, but we shouldn't feature he and Klassen at the same time.

Koeman can't let this turn into a Naismith situation. Don't show favoritism because of the political pressure that comes along with Wayne Rooney.

He'll play every game. His profile and contract will dictate it. Koeman did the same with Bolasie until he got injured - form didn't matter.

If Rooney is as hopeless as he appeared to be last night over the course of the season, then I hope we had the foresight to include a break clause after one year.

I can never argue with a man is glasses, therefore I apologise if I spoke out of turn.However, been reading threads on here for a few years now and now at the point where it's a bit PC where every opinion from other fans seems to be more respected than proper blues. This manc lad is only here to act like a consoling grandparent because we has apparantly signed a player from there lot who s past it and now everyone feels sorry for us. Rooney hasn't kicked a ball competatively for us yet, but he's already written off?? Behave!

Former Manchester United Football Legend Wayne Rooney does seem pretty past it though.

You just had to watch him play over the last couple years. You are hoping he is going to be great, and who knows maybe he will tear it up, but the actual evidence of watching him play would suggest it's more likely he will be no better than average with the occasional decent moment for his fans to remember.

He'll play every game. His profile and contract will dictate it. Koeman did the same with Bolasie until he got injured - form didn't matter.

If Rooney is as hopeless as he appeared to be last night over the course of the season, then I hope we had the foresight to include a break clause after one year.
Oh Tubemeister I hope you are wrong. I don't think he is hopeless, but it almost feels like we are trying to accommodate him every game. At least when he was at striker you could make the argument that he wasn't stepping on anyone's toes and he might improve his finishing. When he came deep, our play just seems to stagnate.

I watched a lot of Rooney in years past, and he had been somewhat of a black hole for England and Man U after Fergy left. He demands too much of the ball, but he isn't quick enough to get from point A to B like Barkley was. We need to surround him with mobile players if he is going to have any success. Stop trying to pair Klassen and Rooney or we will be in for a bad time.

I think for some Rooney coming home was the football equivalent of winning the lottery....

For me it's like not buying a ticket, ...dreaming you've won the lottery anyway ....then waking up to the disappointment of reality!

I didn't want him back, but now he's here I really want him to be rejuvenated and prove everyone wrong.... I just can't see it happening sadly.

There are plenty of rival fans on Red Cafe - and that's a good thing. Always good to hear different perspectives or offer honest opinions on their own players, etc...

There are clearly a few who don't appreciate it though, and would prefer to keep the forums within their own comfortable little bubble, where everyone loves their club and each other. They usually resort to hurling childish insults at rival fans

It's nice to hear what other teams fans think about stuff.

There's a few narrow minded people who just like to hurl abuse at anyone for no reason though. Keep on posting mate.

I think for some Rooney coming home was the football equivalent of winning the lottery....

For me it's like not buying a ticket, ...dreaming you've won the lottery anyway ....then waking up to the disappointment of reality!

I didn't want him back, but now he's here I really want him to be rejuvenated and prove everyone wrong.... I just can't see it happening sadly.

Fully agree, you can hear the desperation of commentators about how he needs a good run of games to be effective, yet most other players won't be afforded that luxury.
I think he can do a job behind a striker and pinging it about but should be nowhere the CF position.

Status
Not open for further replies.