2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the prodigal son has returned and a few of the other sons are now getting a bit less porridge in their bowl and are crying about it
Umm still don't know,anyhow I am in the he will prove people wrong camp,by the way the ball for klassen to set up Lewin was quality.

He was bought in because the owners thought it would appeal to a section of the fan base and soften the blow of losing Rom.

It was a weak small time move. The type of move you would not see from those clubs above us. I will happily come on here and admit I was wrong on this if he comes good but I can't see it happening folks. He has been crap for at least 3 years. He is not mobile enough to play as a forward and not disciplined enough to successfully adapt to a deeper position. The only thing he still has in his locker is a raking cross field pass which he can't really use as we are devoid of width.

Basically we are paying 150k a week for a player who will be a glorified cheer leader in 6 months when the penny drops and it dawns on the management what some of us on here already know.

He has a terrible habit of dropping deep all the time leaving the other forward isolated making it difficult to build attacks. He also slows the game down a lot when he drops into midfield.

I also don't buy the train of thought that he is great to have around the club because of his experience. He is far from being a good role model in my opinion.

He was bought in because the owners thought it would appeal to a section of the fan base and soften the blow of losing Rom.

It was a weak small time move. The type of move you would not see from those clubs above us. I will happily come on here and admit I was wrong on this if he comes good but I can't see it happening folks. He has been crap for at least 3 years. He is not mobile enough to play as a forward and not disciplined enough to successfully adapt to a deeper position. The only thing he still has in his locker is a raking cross field pass which he can't really use as we are devoid of width.

Basically we are paying 150k a week for a player who will be a glorified cheer leader in 6 months when the penny drops and it dawns on the management what some of us on here already know.

He has a terrible habit of dropping deep all the time leaving the other forward isolated making it difficult to build attacks. He also slows the game down a lot when he drops into midfield.

I also don't buy the train of thought that he is great to have around the club because of his experience. He is far from being a good role model in my opinion.

Him dropping deep took three players with him and opened up the space for Klaassen / DCL for the goal - the key moment in the match.

Perhaps you are not understanding how high-level centre forward play is manifest.

Anything else or is that it!

Think his link up play with Klassen and Sandro has shown glimpses of promise.

It's pathetic though to write someone off after a few pre season scuffles.

He will provide us with some moments of quality this season, and yes, he will provide us with some mediocre displays. But he will get hung out to to dry and critiqued like no other.

Too many on here with their pitchforks out before the Premier League seasons even started. Give the lad a chance.

He deserves to be the little rat.

NO I WONT LET IT GO!

He has been crap for at least 3 years. He is not mobile enough to play as a forward and not disciplined enough to successfully adapt to a deeper position. The only thing he still has in his locker is a raking cross field pass which he can't really use as we are devoid of width.

Apart from that he's a good acquisition.

I agree, he is crap, fat, washed up and loves United .... why on earth did we sign him

Status
Not open for further replies.