2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer: I'm a United fan...

To be fair, folks on RedCafe have mostly been dismissive of Rooney for the past two years. Posts like the ones above are almost identical to what people on RC have been saying for aeons, and even as one of Rooney's biggest fans I've heard enough of the "give him time, he'll come good" rhetoric now to accept that it isn't ever going to happen. It's an extremely sad fact that he's been on a sharp decline since 2013 and can no longer cut it at top level football - people thinking he will "do a job/be solid" this season are deluding themselves. In pretty much every game he played for us last season he was clearly one of the worst performers.

There's nobody I'd love to see turn things around more than our all time top goalscorer - I really would be over the moon if he suddenly started performing like he once could, but we've been saying that for so long that in the end, we were pleasantly surprised to see someone take him off our hands.

So reading between the lines what your saying is your gutted he's left you and he's still a top top player.

Appreciate the honesty mate ;)

I come in peace. I was here, frankly, just to read your Rooney thread to gauge your reactions to him. ST holder at United. I am sorry to say our opinion of him is not poor because he is a scouser. If he was a red scouser i'd understand. Sadly he has gone from an exciting, explosive and brilliant player into a shadow of his former self. Lets have it right, you watch the news, the lad has not looked after himself, like Ricky Hatton he balloons, then loses weight, smokes a few cigs, gets knocked out in his kitchen etc. I have no doubt he is over the moon to go back home and its admiriable but sadly we've given you the empty wrapper after we ate the lot and spat the bones back in the paper.

Are you talking about a chocolate wrapper? Why would you have bones covered in chocolate?

This is exactly what my biggest beef with signing Rooney was. Everyone is so desperate for him to do well because "he is one of us." Everyone who watched the game from the outside would tell you that Klassen was miles better than Rooney last night.

All of the papers have sided with Klassen performing better and people are now making this a competition and luckily for Rooney we are still basically in preseason. As things stand, he is a rotation player for me. He is capable, but we shouldn't feature he and Klassen at the same time.

Koeman can't let this turn into a Naismith situation. Don't show favoritism because of the political pressure that comes along with Wayne Rooney.

Disclaimer: I'm a United fan...

To be fair, folks on RedCafe have mostly been dismissive of Rooney for the past two years. Posts like the ones above are almost identical to what people on RC have been saying for aeons, and even as one of Rooney's biggest fans I've heard enough of the "give him time, he'll come good" rhetoric now to accept that it isn't ever going to happen. It's an extremely sad fact that he's been on a sharp decline since 2013 and can no longer cut it at top level football - people thinking he will "do a job/be solid" this season are deluding themselves. In pretty much every game he played for us last season he was clearly one of the worst performers.

There's nobody I'd love to see turn things around more than our all time top goalscorer - I really would be over the moon if he suddenly started performing like he once could, but we've been saying that for so long that in the end, we were pleasantly surprised to see someone take him off our hands.
I think that is a fair assessment from a Utd point of view and may well prove to be true.

However, there are other factors at play here , Rooney and Utd fell out of love a few years ago and although he acted professionally I don't think the desire has been there for Rooney.
The stars have aligned to bring him back to Everton now in that he is nearing the end of a very costly Utd contract and it was worth their while to pay him off because he clearly doesn't fit into Mourinho's plans,
Everton are now in a position to offer him a contract that although only half of what he was on is still a huge contract and final there is a manager at Everton that wants him.

I would not be concerned about him being an outcast at Utd , the City of Manchester has two very obvious ones in De Bruyne and Lukake, throw in Schneiderlin as well at Everton and it shows there is a football life after a Mourinho rejection.

However, there are very definite doubts about Roonney and what is left in the tank, but only time will tell us that , not a Utd reject slip.

I come in peace. I was here, frankly, just to read your Rooney thread to gauge your reactions to him. ST holder at United. I am sorry to say our opinion of him is not poor because he is a scouser. If he was a red scouser i'd understand. Sadly he has gone from an exciting, explosive and brilliant player into a shadow of his former self. Lets have it right, you watch the news, the lad has not looked after himself, like Ricky Hatton he balloons, then loses weight, smokes a few cigs, gets knocked out in his kitchen etc. I have no doubt he is over the moon to go back home and its admiriable but sadly we've given you the empty wrapper after we ate the lot and spat the bones back in the paper.

I would have thought that you would have enough to laugh about at your own club forums than coming over here you manc prick.

I would have thought that you would have enough to laugh about at your own club forums than coming over here you manc prick.

There are plenty of rival fans on Red Cafe - and that's a good thing. Always good to hear different perspectives or offer honest opinions on their own players, etc...

There are clearly a few who don't appreciate it though, and would prefer to keep the forums within their own comfortable little bubble, where everyone loves their club and each other. They usually resort to hurling childish insults at rival fans

Go back to your red forums you manc glory hunter. Rooney, YOUR all time top goalscorer (that must hurt!) and England's top goalscorer is now in the shirt he loves - not in a shirt where he could hold the club to ransom every few years. Yes, he isn't the player he was, but he'll put in better performances than what we currently have in there (new signings aside). It is only pre-season so I'll reserve judgement until the real games start coming.

There are plenty of rival fans on Red Cafe - and that's a good thing. Always good to hear different perspectives or offer honest opinions on their own players, etc...

There are clearly a few who don't appreciate it though, and would prefer to keep the forums within their own comfortable little bubble, where everyone loves their club and each other. They usually resort to hurling childish insults at rival fans
Nice to see you posting mate. Nothing you said was offensive in the least. Our fans are too EMOTIONAL at times

Go back to your red forums you manc glory hunter. Rooney, YOUR all time top goalscorer (that must hurt!) and England's top goalscorer is now in the shirt he loves - not in a shirt where he could hold the club to ransom every few years. Yes, he isn't the player he was, but he'll put in better performances than what we currently have in there (new signings aside). It is only pre-season so I'll reserve judgement until the real games start coming.

As you've apparently only joined today, probably best to let you know that we don't actually have any problems with fans of other clubs signing up to this forum as long as their honest about it, don't purposely wind people up or make snide comments for no reason.

For a first couple of posts, these are bang out of order.

rooney is a creative player

how can you be creative when a team sets up with ultra defensive with no incentive whatsoever to even get out of their half to attack

you will see rooney be creative against sides who will actually want to attack us
The only time Rooney gets creative these days is when he stops off for a kebab on the way home from the pub and has to choose what salad and sauce to cover it in.

As you've apparently only joined today, probably best to let you know that we don't actually have any problems with fans of other clubs signing up to this forum as long as their honest about it, don't purposely wind people up or make snide comments for no reason.

And he was warned for them.

I can never argue with a man is glasses, therefore I apologise if I spoke out of turn.However, been reading threads on here for a few years now and now at the point where it's a bit PC where every opinion from other fans seems to be more respected than proper blues. This manc lad is only here to act like a consoling grandparent because we has apparantly signed a player from there lot who s past it and now everyone feels sorry for us. Rooney hasn't kicked a ball competatively for us yet, but he's already written off?? Behave!

Status
Not open for further replies.