2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's it lads, throw the toys out of the pram because he looked poor (just like pretty much everyone else on the pitch incidentally). Ye lets judge him based on glorified training ground game when everyone was off pace and still in pre-season mode because that makes so much sense doesn't it. Thats a far more sensible why to judge him then say, a few premier league games isn't It?! Jesus wept, some of you have zero self restraint.

Can we judge him off the past two whole Premier League seasons mate?

I really hope that isn't the case.

Hasn't been good enough in either of them two games.
Do not forget that, while many will mention he took a sizeable pay cut, he is our top earner therefore I'd be surprised if he didn't play regularly!

I hope that with increasing fitness, game time and our system adapting he'll improve, although I was always concerned about his effectiveness.

We look so weak for bringing him back. There is no place for sentimentally like this. Are we paying him 150k per week? I wonder how many games he will be allowed to start before the penny drops. I suspect there will be several position changes before they reach this conclusion in December. Then he will be on the bench for a season and a half using up wages that could have been used elsewhere

Fowler managed to score 8 in 30 when he went back to Liverpool as a shell of his former self.

There's your bar, Wayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.