Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think this is a terrible idea. On the wage he'll presumably be on, he'd be one of our top earners and therefore, presumably, a starter. If we're going to bring in a player on a higher wage, surely we can get someone better than a past-it 31 year old. Where's he going to play exactly? He wouldn't even get into our best side now, never mind after the summer window. Honestly can't get my head round how anyone could think this is a good idea.

Very much on the fence over this. Do I think he could do a job for us? Probably. And if that helps to push for top 4 next season it makes financial sense. On the other hand I still hate the fact that if he had stayed we would have a couple of trophies in the cabinet.

Very much on the fence over this. Do I think he could do a job for us? Probably. And if that helps to push for top 4 next season it makes financial sense. On the other hand I still hate the fact that if he had stayed we would have a couple of trophies in the cabinet.

He may be able to "do a job" in a small role, I would have no issue with him being a squad player on a wage that reflects that kind of status but we're talking about him being a major signing here, which seems completely ludicrous to me.

Can't we technically sign him right now? United could terminate his contract and we could sign him as a free agent once he's released.

I honestly think this is a terrible idea. On the wage he'll presumably be on, he'd be one of our top earners and therefore, presumably, a starter. If we're going to bring in a player on a higher wage, surely we can get someone better than a past-it 31 year old. Where's he going to play exactly? He wouldn't even get into our best side now, never mind after the summer window. Honestly can't get my head round how anyone could think this is a good idea.

Absolutely agree. Can't get a game for United but he's okay for Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.