Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a chat with a couple of mates regarding Rooney and I'm completely undecided. He won't have lost his touch or vision and I love the thought of him and Ross linking up with Rom.

However, from doing some reading on the Utd forums the vast majority think he's lost it. Legs have gone and isn't a threat any more.

On one hand over 2 years he'd cost less that it would to sign Valencia up and pay his wages, but on the other I fear we'd still be throwing money away.

I'm strongly leaning towards "swerve"

On one hand over 2 years he'd cost less that it would to sign Valencia up and pay his wages, but on the other I fear we'd still be throwing money away.

Interesting point that, I was thinking about how much we would spend on his wages over 2 years and what the figure would give us in terms of player quality including having to pay a fee for someone. If we buy Valencia it will be possibly a 4 year contract.

Hammers want 15m, lets say we get him down to 10m, a sum a few of said is more realistic and possibly worth a punt. What would his wages be, if it was 50k a week that means we spend over 4 years 20m inc fee i think ?
Rooney on a free and a 2 year contract costs us 15m I think? Who would score the most and link up best? Only one has a sell on fee.

Fans would want Rooney because he is a blue and a well known name but who, if either of them, is the best option long term?

Interesting point that, I was thinking about how much we would spend on his wages over 2 years and what the figure would give us in terms of player quality including having to pay a fee for someone. If we buy Valencia it will be possibly a 4 year contract.

Hammers want 15m, lets say we get him down to 10m, a sum a few of said is more realistic and possibly worth a punt. What would his wages be, if it was 50k a week that means we spend over 4 years 20m inc fee i think ?
Rooney on a free and a 2 year contract costs us 15m I think? Who would score the most and link up best? Only one has a sell on fee.

Fans would want Rooney because he is a blue and a well known name but who, if either of them, is the best option long term?

Neither.

And its a mad concept I know but we don't have to sign one or the other. We could always get somebody else...

Thing is with Rooney, Bill K and others including Rooney possibly might see it as some sort of romantic come back and a way to make it up to the fans maybe but the minute he plays gash or isn't up to standard or up to his very likely high pay packet then a fair majority of the fans will be on his case... Might not go the way they are all thinking. Personally I wouldn't be opposed to it as a squad player as long as he took a big wage drop and didn't expect to start ahead of Barkley or Rom... Hope he isn't played in a deeper CM role either, if he does come here.

We're not a retirement home for past it footballers that couldn't get away quick enough...

Thanks but no thanks...spend the money on someone who isn't washed up.

People talking football regarding rooney have valid points on both sides, one major factor is his winning mentality. We lack it, highlighted by Carragher in the two part video.

Also we must look at signings in a financial POV. His wages will be high, even with a paycut, yet the exposure and commercial sides of the deal will be great for Everton. I mentioned a few pages back, that United, Madrid and Barcelona rely heavily on players with world wide followings, see Zidane, Ronaldinho, Messi, Beckham and Zlatan as prime examples.

Its all about the money, money, money.

People talking football regarding rooney have valid points on both sides, one major factor is his winning mentality. We lack it, highlighted by Carragher in the two part video.

Also we must look at signings in a financial POV. His wages will be high, even with a paycut, yet the exposure and commercial sides of the deal will be great for Everton. I mentioned a few pages back, that United, Madrid and Barcelona rely heavily on players with world wide followings, see Zidane, Ronaldinho, Messi, Beckham and Zlatan as prime examples.

Its all about the money, money, money.

Does he have worldwide following? And would he have one as a former utd and ex England player....?

Status
Not open for further replies.