Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shirt sales, exposure, popularity boost which typically carries forward. There would be stories every week here about how Rooney is doing at Everton. It's all about money and growing the brand. You know that.
Might be different in Carolina but here, there's no way Newcastle are bigger than Everton. The top 7 clubs do well. From what I've seen here, it goes Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Spurs, Us, City. Then there are a few stragglers like West ham, Newcastle and Villa. If Rooney and Lukaku are playing for us next season, Lukaku will be the far bigger deal.
I'd take Rooney on a 2 year free transfer at $150k p/w, probably work out cheaper than signing Valencia for $10m on 70k p/w. He'll be handy if we are fighting on a few different fronts and he'll be good for the kids to learn from.
I can see the media hyping this in August and forgetting about it soon after and Rooney will probably score about 8 in a season, which is fine.

Shirt sales, exposure, popularity boost which typically carries forward. There would be stories every week here about how Rooney is doing at Everton. It's all about money and growing the brand. You know that.

I do know this. I also believe that the difference is negligible.

The amount made from shirt sales is not going to improve as we get a set amount from Kitbag regardless of any sales.

People wont just change clubs either. Why would a Man Utd fan buy a Rooney Everton shirt when he can get a Zlatan United one?

But you said Lukaku is crap anyway so what does it matter?

Yeah I didn't though did I?

You did a little bit, albeit followed by incredible. But I think he has you on a technicality.

It's not hard to understand. Again today he was by and large useless all game, then scores an absolute belter. That's Lukaku - crap and incredible at the same time, and a lot of people don't see enough of the incredible and too much of the crap.

I do know this. I also believe that the difference is negligible.

The amount made from shirt sales is not going to improve as we get a set amount from Kitbag regardless of any sales.

People wont just change clubs either. Why would a Man Utd fan buy a Rooney Everton shirt when he can get a Zlatan United one?
Seeing Everton and Rooney on the news more won't change allegiances for people that already have them. But it will put us in the spotlight for those that don't yet have a club they support. There's a giant untapped market here that gets smaller every year. Let's get in on the party while we can, yeah? Of course winning something would be another good way to go about that.

How exactly?

If Tom Brady joined the Minnesota Vikings I doubt you would get a load of UK based NFL fans changing allegiance from the teams they support.

We have potential new footie fans coming online all the time. The kid that is 8 years old knows Wayne Rooney and might by his kit and become an Evertonian for life. The EPL is a growth industry over here.

Might be different in Carolina but here, there's no way Newcastle are bigger than Everton. The top 7 clubs do well. From what I've seen here, it goes Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Spurs, Us, City. Then there are a few stragglers like West ham, Newcastle and Villa. If Rooney and Lukaku are playing for us next season, Lukaku will be the far bigger deal.
I'd take Rooney on a 2 year free transfer at $150k p/w, probably work out cheaper than signing Valencia for $10m on 70k p/w. He'll be handy if we are fighting on a few different fronts and he'll be good for the kids to learn from.
I can see the media hyping this in August and forgetting about it soon after and Rooney will probably score about 8 in a season, which is fine.
It's typically pretty close between the general favorite teams, but we're not part of that group yet where I live. A while back Spurs were near us, Villa, Newcastle, and maybe a couple others. They then made the jump up a tier. We haven't yet in my opinion.

Why do you think MLS teams sign over the hill European stars? It's not because they're all still great players.

This is TOTALLY different to Everton signing these players. The MLS teams sign these players to grow their team and the sport in the US.

A casual fan in America might say "WOW, Rooney is in the MLS!" but they won't say "WOW, Rooney moved from Man U to Everton".

Rooney moving to Everton would make a very tiny difference to anything, on a global scale. Of course the newspapers and TV in England would have great fun though.

"Former England player Wayne Rooney was on the bench today as Everton thumped his previous club Manchester United with goals from Lukaku, Barkley and a brace from Youri Tielemans".

Status
Not open for further replies.