Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Former England player Wayne Rooney was on the bench today as Everton thumped his previous club Manchester United with goals from Lukaku, Barkley and a brace from Youri Tielemans".
Is right Zat. And if Rooney was on the bench, it might even be shown on tv without having to stream it.

Just kidding. We already get all the United games.

Free transfer, £150,000 per week wages. What's the new wage budget indicated at the AGM? And who are the subtractions and where does that put us with available wages for transfers with summer incomings after new contracts to Rom and Ross?

All speculation at this stage, but not sure this adds up to the desired sum.

If Rooney was on £150,000, shirt sales alone would more than make up for a slice of his yearly salary. There will also be many marketing opportunities too. See Beckham to Madrid and LA. See Zidane to Madrid. Zlatan and Pogba to United.

Wasn't that bothered about this happening, but now it looks likely I'm warming to the idea.

If Koeman wants it to happen then we should all support that, or at least give it a chance.

£150k/week is top dollar for us, but arriving on a freebie would make that much more palatable.

I'm not naive enough to think that Rooney is the same player he was 5 years ago or that we are going to get 38 games a season out of him, but I believe that as a pure footballer he is still quality and better than 95% of PL players.

I just want the squad to be stronger. If Rooney is one of the players selected to make that happen, then I'm on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.