Homepage Update: WATCH: David Unsworth Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he does really well over the course of his tenure here....then goes back to the academy again.

Just don't get why so many people are so for him getting the job based on so little experience. It's the equivalent of hiring a league 2 manager because they are a blue, that's the standard he is used to. If he wasn't unsworth and some random fella there wouldn't be half as much mention of support for him

Hope he does really well over the course of his tenure here....then goes back to the academy again.

Just don't get why so many people are so for him getting the job based on so little experience. It's the equivalent of hiring a league 2 manager because they are a blue, that's the standard he is used to. If he wasn't unsworth and some random fella there wouldn't be half as much mention of support for him
I wanted him as interim because I believe he deserves a shot. We are still looking for a coach to fill his shoes if things don't go according to plan, so I have no qualms with the way things are atm. I'm glad we didn't rush into bringing someone in again.

The right man is the right man. Koeman had tons of experience and so did Bobby. Experience isn't everything. Putting players in positions to succeed and getting them to bleed for the shirt doesn't take experience at the highest level. SAF's experience was in the SPL before he took over United for instance.

If Unsy gets the gig then later this season its no better (or worse) he'd get pelter's from all side's especially as he's one of us.
And we love sticking it to our own !!!!

Wish him all the luck , but not the appointment for me.

Top Top bloke tho.

I can understand that the board may feel that it is a big risk to appoint him as a full time manager... only immediate results can help change that.

Unfortunately, Unsworth still faces the problem of not having a quality centre forward.

However, if the board feels that the time is not right to appoint him as manager just now, I think that part of the agreement with whoever is appointed is that Unsworth is heavily involved as assistant.

If it were to be Tuchel he is going to need some local involvement anyway.

The right man is the right man. Koeman had tons of experience and so did Bobby. Experience isn't everything. Putting players in positions to succeed and getting them to bleed for the shirt doesn't take experience at the highest level. SAF's experience was in the SPL before he took over United for instance.
Which I've said before is exactly who Unsy reminds me of- the type of manager that lets the players play

I can understand that the board may feel that it is a big risk to appoint him as a full time manager... only immediate results can help change that.

Unfortunately, Unsworth still faces the problem of not having a quality centre forward.

However, if the board feels that the time is not right to appoint him as manager just now, I think that part of the agreement with whoever is appointed is that Unsworth is heavily involved as assistant.

Is being a #2 a better gig for Unsworth than being the U23 coach though?

I'd like to think that he will put DCL in a much better position to succeed than Koeman did. There will also be opportunities for Oumar to make his mark.

I wanted him as interim because I believe he deserves a shot. We are still looking for a coach to fill his shoes if things don't go according to plan, so I have no qualms with the way things are atm. I'm glad we didn't rush into bringing someone in again.
To be blunt, no he doesn't deserve a shot.

From my perspective, he is our academy manager and only that. He has no other managerial experience and no experience of even serving as an assistant in this league. The level of football is much more lower than the premier league so competitively his recruitment would be no different to a league 2 manager.

Yes we won the league against the money clubs under unsworth, but then I doubt the United city and Chelsea reserves have world.class players in them like the first team do, or play against stokes and west Brom tactics. I have seen games myself and the standards are so much lower.

So no I don't believe he deserves the job as he has nothing to prove he could manage this team to the level we require and he would be far more than just a gamble at a time when we need to be showing ambition.

Unsy's going to whack Niasse up front, Lookman on the wing and get Tom Davies playing like the new Makelele again. Once he slaps the armband on Seamus, we're winning the league next year, you heard it here first

i-like-where-your-heads-at.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.