Homepage Update: WATCH: David Unsworth Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks for all the world like a permanent appointment.

I'd say we're in touch with Tuchel and asking him to stay in a holding pattern until a decision is made on Unsworth.

Said all the right things Unsworth, and what a breath of fresh air to have an Evertonian and decent man in charge again (for however long a period).

I've been very opinionated that Unsy is the man. He should have been named instead of that carpetbagger Koeman. That press conference shows a bit of why. If he fails, he fails. But I'm extremely confident he won't fail.

Is it my imagination or when Unsworth was answering questions about Koeman he was damning him with faint praise? Not much love lost there, I'll be bound.

On that final question from the BBC reporter about what he could bring to the role that Koeman maybe couldn't: Unsy should have just said "I give a flying one about Everton, and he didn't".

At the very least we've heard the last of things like "In this moment of form" and "But ok that's football" for a while.

Is it my imagination or when Unsworth was answering questions about Koeman he was damning him with faint praise? Not much love lost there, I'll be bound.

On that final question from the BBC reporter about what he could bring to the role that Koeman maybe couldn't: Unsy should have just said "I give a flying one about Everton, and he didn't".
Ha ha ha ;)

I've been very opinionated that Unsy is the man. He should have been named instead of that carpetbagger Koeman. That press conference shows a bit of why. If he fails, he fails. But I'm extremely confident he won't fail.
I agree mate. I've been mulling it over and tipping toward Tuchel then Unsworth. I'm currently hoping Unsworth gets 4 great performances and a couple of wins in the coming games to seal the deal.

Amen brother. The fact that he said "I know how Evertonians want their team to play and I'll bring that experience" is basically saying Koeman didn't get it one iota.

Whatever the long term future holds, and all honesty Rhino isn't my first choice, but come the next game, seeing rhino, joe, dunc and ebbrell on the bench gives me a warm feeling

Four Evertonians, three of whom are academy graduates.

Spoke as well as he always does there. He certainly has the type of personality that suggests players will run through walls for him. We'll see if he's got the tactical nous to do it in the PL over the coming games. At the moment it's just uplifting to have a passionate and determined blue coaching us. Here's hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.