Homepage Update: WATCH: Allardyce Leicester Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

WATCH: Allardyce Leicester Press Conference
sam-1024x461.jpg

Sam Allardyce spoke to the media this morning on Leicester, VAR and Wednesday's transfer deadline day.

Skip to 10m40s. If you can't see the below embed, please click here.

I got the feeling that someone who hasn't been mentioned might be leaving....so I'm hoping West Brom come in tomorrow and sign Stekkers, Williams, Keane, Cuco, Besic, Morgan, Klassen and Sandro for a combined fee of 25m.

I've decided to keep Jags as I enjoyed his commentary on Everton TV u23's

He's expecting us to be active tomorrow & Wednesday on the transfer front. When asked if there was anything on any potential deals for N'Zonzi or Brozovic he said "not yet". Interesting.

On players leaving he's suggesting that a lot of the enquiries that have come in for players are for loans, which we aren't particularly interested in. Klaassen and Sandro were singled out - any deals for either would have to be permanent. When asked about Lookman he said that we wouldn't be loaning him now that Lennon is gone, so potentially a positive there.

Other takeaways - nothing on a LB, but when asked about Garbutt directly he said that he'd be part of the squad and assessed as time goes on. Looks like the plan is for him to rotate with Martina until the summer, or whenever Baines decides that he's fit again. Coleman will be available for Wednesday and Funes Mori is back in training.

so in short, don't blame him if the players don't know what they are doing because they can figure it out themselves

"they can speak to the analysts and review their own performance"

literally seems like hes just here for the cheque

The West Brom result doesn't look as bad now because Liverpool lost to them.

*sigh*
I said same thing (commented on his comment). Some posters here reckon it was tongue in cheek from Allardyce, but the way he delivered it suggested he meant it 100%.

I said same thing (commented on his comment). Some posters here reckon it was tongue in cheek from Allardyce, but the way he delivered it suggested he meant it 100%.
He defo meant it.

Any port in a storm for Sam.

If we get no points or just one from the next two games he'll be saying if we're back in the bottom half that he's maintained the club's position from when he took it over.

He's a chancer, of course, but I dont blame him at all in this. I blame Sam Hammam.

His demeanour doesn’t look great and not should it with the results we have had of late. However I hope he is putting on a more positive front in training. He seriously doesn’t look happy at present, when you compare it with his press conferences when he took over.

His demeanour doesn’t look great and not should it with the results we have had of late. However I hope he is putting on a more positive front in training. He seriously doesn’t look happy at present, when you compare it with his press conferences when he took over.
He's just been seriously backed with 47m worth of attacking threat, how many clubs outside the top 4 have spent that?

That's the most money he's ever had to spend in Jan transfer window.

He's worried now he'll have to start playing attacking football and he has no idea how to do that.

So something very interesting to notice in the video, while managers often give just standard replies, their body language can tell you a lot more. Watch when he is asked about NZonzi and Brozovic, he shook his head the moment they mentioned NZonzi, and nodded it when they mentioned Brozovic.

I still maintain he was told before the W. brom. game that his services would no longer be required after the end of the season, hence the change in mood and mention of relegation since (sour grapes by sam?). His nonchalance here reinforces my view.

Yes, it will cost a pretty penny to pay him off, but I honestly believe he saw us as a last-chance-saloon to enhance his reputation and try and shake off his hoof-ball stigma for good. I diagnose a case of hurt pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.