Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its not great, im just saying its pointless comparing us to the top 6, cos they will always be miles ahead of us, for many different reasons.

Could we do better? Im not sure, we have an inferior product for sale, we shouldnt be surprised when people dont wanna pay pedigree prices for a mongrel.

Nah, and this kind of thinking doesn't help. I'm not entirely on board the ESK train, but he's correct in holding the club accountable for abysmal commercial success. The main problem with commercial success is that it's top-heavy, and commercial giants like MUFC will hold their "moat" for a long time before it goes away. But you can't all play the same game. Levy has done tremendously well with Spurs, branding them as a big club without any success. Sure, London helps, but it's akin to the Yank ad campaign for pork, "the other white meat." Spurs is "the Other London Club" and that's done well enough for them. Won't get into the weeds on this too much (in part because I'll get lost), but two final comments on commercial endeavors: (1) it requires forward thinking to see the future; (2) the club's great untapped brand/asset in commercial terms is EITC.

The greatest myth of the past few seasons has been this.

That squad spending spree was funded by the sale of players to the tune of of £205M plus two seasons of extra tv revenue which has amounted to a further £100M for those seasons into the coffers since he's been here. That's over £300M into the club he did not generate in order to spend on players. Any cash over and above that he has spent was to acquire debt that the club still owe to him, and will pay it to him one way or another.

...and here we are, btw, 'not having to look down the back of the sofa anymore' but not able to buy anyone in the last window because we had to sell players first.

What giant strides we've made since Kenwright took a back seat.

Please wake up and smell the coffee.

Yes, yes, yes, we all hate the rent-seekers. Moshiri is just a new-money WOOL.

DtMipGAWwAA7MuT.0.jpg

maybe its best to keep some things to yourself then, instead of spouting '100% done deals' all over the internet when they obviously weren't done ! no deal is done till the player is playing in the colours....

it was very naïve on his part, esp for someone claiming to be credible.

So you get told, in good faith, that a deal has been done. It then doesn't get done but YOU'RE the one who should get the ridicule? When actually, stories that have come out since would suggest we were in fact in for Witsel and Mata (I think).

Each to their own, I'll just never understand it.

So you get told, in good faith, that a deal has been done. It then doesn't get done but YOU'RE the one who should get the ridicule? When actually, stories that have come out since would suggest we were in fact in for Witsel and Mata (I think).

Each to their own, I'll just never understand it.

Its like some people want to win the internet. Get similar in the Liverpool thread, with folk getting called out as kopites without a shred of evidence.

Most odd.

In my opinion, the Usmanov calls are driven almost entirely by impatience. Of course people wish in better times ahead, I do, every single person on here does (with maybe the odd exception). I'm not entirely sure what difference Usmanov being here would have made in the last 3 years. We would likely have exactly the same under-performing players but on higher wages. We have bought from a market dictated by our current performance and standing. So we would just have Moshiri being in a position to offer higher wages, after asking the man above him.

The club have moved forward significantly commercially, but still have a fair distance to go. This is more a damning of the past 20 years than it is the last 3.
The club are two years into a stadium scheme, have completed the first round of public consultations , with the second round due very shortly. PP will likely follow that very quickly.
The team are indeed well short of competing for even an EL place. Moshiri has provided funding beyond the headline values of transfer fees and has IMO been failed by a succession of appointments. There is an argument to be made that he was responsible for the appointments and I understand that, but with each of the appointments that he has made, they have carried a certain amount of expectation and each has been made with a view for forward movement. Each was certainly, in the majority of outlets, seen as an improvement on the last.

I genuinely have no understanding of what your offering is. What do you propose? How would you change it, apart from seemingly going back to the days before we broke all of our financial records and never looked likely to.The days before we had a 199 year lease on a waterfront location, bookmarking a £5.5bn area of investment, upon which, after following required processes is extremely likely to fly though planning and house a brand new purpose built stadium.

Very well written, I agree with all points... Kudos mate! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.