Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

They cater to a a international "whopper" fanbase that everyone at GoT laughs or mocks.

International footprint = Bigger turnover.

The "Chosen Not Manufactured slogan as marketing jargon is terrible, it's like the League Of Gentleman skit in that shop "This is a shop for local people we can't have your like here"
Or... “we come not to play”

No. From what I could tell, he decided, for the benefit of the forum, to relinquish his moderator role as he became a pariah because of his 'predictions'.

Personally, I never felt that he had acted maliciously and I do feel sorry for how he was treated (well, to an extent), but ultimately it was slightly naive on his behalf.
Don't know the esk (remember his posts as he stuck out like a sore thumb, an optimistic Blue) but forums just get old for some people. I still like the format meself but it's obvious that twitter, facebook whatever have drained a lot of the passion out of forums from ten years back say. This is a busy one so it's maybe not as noticeable but other stuff I'm on has really dwindled last few years.

Ahhh i'm just reminiscing on the summer of The Esk 2017, he brought so much optimism making us look forward to Fridays and who can forget his powerful slogan of only 3 words, "Usual Caveats Apply".

Fridays have never been the same since that summer.

Anyway it looks a dead end on Uncle Uzzy front, nothing in the media and the most recent article on him is an Italian source from 2 weeks ago about AC Milan.

Don't know the esk (remember his posts as he stuck out like a sore thumb, an optimistic Blue) but forums just get old for some people. I still like the format meself but it's obvious that twitter, facebook whatever have drained a lot of the passion out of forums from ten years back say. This is a busy one so it's maybe not as noticeable but other stuff I'm on has really dwindled last few years.

Such is the way of things...I migrated here from a mailing list and technology will obsolete this place as well, over time. The day I have to carry around sourpuss, goat, bunghole, bry and the like in my neural implant is the day I hang up the boots, though. And I'd hope they feel the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.