Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two years preceding his arrival the club had grown that source of revenue by 25%. The point is that it's easy to make % increases of that magnitude in a short period because the base numbers the extra cash builds upon are so low in the first place. Just the general rate of increase in sponsorship for the industry alone ensures these rises...rises all club's enjoy (its a tide that raises all boats).

As said: no significant movement in commercial revenue.

Oh, and your failure to mention the other two issues is noted.

Cos its blablablabla.

BBC Website

The Premier League has brought in its own form of financial regulation which is not as stringent as Uefa's FFP.
Clubs cannot make a loss in excess of £105m across the 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons (as with FFP, investment in infrastructure and youth development is exempt).
Any club that posts losses in excess of that figure could face severe penalties, including a points deduction.
A loss between £15m and £105m has to be guaranteed by club owners.
All makes sense now. We're playing wank this season on purpose, so we don't qualify for Europe and free of FFP in the summer

Everton has posted a second consecutive year of record revenues totalling £189m - a 10 per cent increase on the previous year.

"the club have not moved forward commercially in any significant way"

Commercial revenue from sponsorship, advertising and merchandising grew by 34 per cent from 2017, reaching a record £20.7m, with the Club’s first African main partner, SportPesa, and the innovative engagement with sleeve partner Rovio and its iconic game, Angry Birds, augmented by a growing portfolio of Official Club Partners.

Combined with gate receipts, sponsorship and other commercial income increased by 45 per cent from 2017.

What a qweglet.

They are massively poor results, 34% increase of commercial income is 6 million. 20mill in commercial revenue is pathetic, I don’t use that word lightly,

Liverpool have 134 mill
Chelsea have 139 mill
City have 191 mill
Utd have 298 mill
Spurs and Arsenal 120 mill

It’s embarassing.

Our turnover this year will drop to 170 odd million.

They are massively poor results, 34% increase of commercial income is 6 million. 20mill in commercial revenue is pathetic, I don’t use that word lightly,

Liverpool have 134 mill
Chelsea have 139 mill
City have 191 mill
Utd have 298 mill
Spurs and Arsenal 120 mill

It’s embarassing.

Our turnover this year will drop to 170 odd million.

Remind me what all those clubs have in common, dont compare us to them, compare us to the West Hams, Southamptons, Fulhams.

All of them have won trophies, played in European comps on a REGULAR basis.

Of course thats where we need to be, but its chicken and the egg, we need to get there on the field, before we can increase things off the field.

Spurs haven’t won anything. And some haven’t won anything in years.

They are latest figures and some haven’t qualified for the CL.

Regardless strip away the CL, they absolutely dwarf us it’s embarrasing. Particularly, “new money” Spurs who we were consistently finishing ahead off every year 6 years ago.

The commercial performance of Everton is a joke, it pains me to say that as it’s another limit.

Last edited:

Regardless strip away the CL, they absolutely dwarf us it’s embarrasing. Particularly, “new money” Spurs who we were consistently finishing ahead off every year 6 years ago.

The commercial performance of Everton is a joke, it pains me to say that as it’s another limit.

Its not great, im just saying its pointless comparing us to the top 6, cos they will always be miles ahead of us, for many different reasons.

Could we do better? Im not sure, we have an inferior product for sale, we shouldnt be surprised when people dont wanna pay pedigree prices for a mongrel.

Its not great, im just saying its pointless comparing us to the top 6, cos they will always be miles ahead of us, for many different reasons.

Could we do better? Im not sure, we have an inferior product for sale, we shouldnt be surprised when people dont wanna pay pedigree prices for a mongrel.

Like I said we were Spurs just six years ago, frankly our commercial income is pathetic. I disagree to an extent, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal are clubs of an an equal or shared stature and should be aspirations. Not in contemporary sense, but in the fairly recent and historical sense.

But to underline my point, WHU have 35 million in commercial income, 75% greater then ours, Newcastle have 27 mill, 32% greater. These were Championship clubs a few seasons ago.

It’s indefinsible to be honest with you mate.

I defo wouldn’t be bigging up or publicizing our commercial performence.

Last edited:
Like I said we were Spurs just six years ago, frankly our commercial income is pathetic. I disagree to an extent, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal are clubs of an an equal or shared stature and should be aspirations. Not in contemporary sense, but in the fairly recent and historical sense.

But to underline my point, WHU have 35 million in commercial income, 75% greater then ours, Newcastle have 27 mill, 32% greater. These were Championship clubs a few seasons ago.

It’s indefinsible to be honest with you mate.

I defo wouldn’t be bigging up or publicizing our commercial performence.

Well I wasnt, I was just pulling dave up.

What’s also weird, is 5 of the top 6 have been Premier League ever-presents, and we’re the only other club who can lay claim to that.

Why is our income down with the yo-yo clubs, whilst our true peers have completely bypassed us?

The one man who presided over the other clubs moving light-years away from us is Bill Kenwright, who just still happens to be a hugely influential figure at the club.

We’re a comedy club, an utter shambles. It’ll never get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.