Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd say it started before Johnson tbh. Remember in the very early 90's when Dr Marsh was chairman we were completely skint. Right at the outset of the Premier League era. We went from being a major player in the 'big 5' in 1988 to also rans in a matter of 5 years

The biggest single cause of us not kicking on in the eighties, rests squarely on the shoulders of our wall remodelling neighbours across the park and the subsequent ban from Europe comps for English clubs.

Never forget that.

Coincidentally I've just stopped my work building a workshop for a coffee break, and it smalls great.

I'm not contesting your figures at all. In the past however, those players would have had to be sold then a large chunk uses to service and reduce the debt, pay operating costs, and then probably only a third of that cash used to buy a player or two.

Given that the stated and quite reasonable and understandable target was to trim a lot of overpaid dead wood from the squad, its no surprise to me that we made no moves in the expensive winter window. We didn't need to strengthen for a league push, or final stages of a European campaign, nor are we looking for relegation fighters.

It's boring as hell, but they were sensible financial decisions.
The massive increase in tv revenie (even in the few years prior to Moshiri arriving when it went up another level again) were making that a thing of the past in any case. The last two/three season with Kenwright in charge saw us have a decent net spend. If he'd have carried on in charge the later player sales mentioned plus extra tv revenues would have overwhelmingly gone into squad spending with some kept back to service the prudential debt (and dont forget, the payments in advance from Sky are still in operation under Moshiri).

Moshiri has added almost nothing to the benefit of this organisation. He;s here to get a stadium built (by other people with their cash), spend none of his own cash on the squad and get out with a profit. He is what he is: a parasite.

The massive increase in tv revenie (even in the few years prior to Moshiri arriving when it went up another level again) were making that a thing of the past in any case. The last two/theree season with Kenwright in charge saw us have a decent net spend. If he'd have carried on in charge as largest shareowner the later player sales mentioned plus extra tv revenues would have overwhelmingly gone into squad spending with some kep back to service the prudential debt (and dont forget, the payments in advance from Sky are still in operation under Moshiri).

Moshiri has added almost nothing to the benefit opf this organisation. He;s here to get a stadium built (by other people with their cash), spend none of his own cash on the squad and get out with a profit. He is what he is: a parasite.

250m put into the club already.

But hes a parasite, parody account at this point Dave.

In my opinion, the Usmanov calls are driven almost entirely by impatience. Of course people wish in better times ahead, I do, every single person on here does (with maybe the odd exception). I'm not entirely sure what difference Usmanov being here would have made in the last 3 years. We would likely have exactly the same under-performing players but on higher wages. We have bought from a market dictated by our current performance and standing. So we would just have Moshiri being in a position to offer higher wages, after asking the man above him.

The club have moved forward significantly commercially, but still have a fair distance to go. This is more a damning of the past 20 years than it is the last 3.
The club are two years into a stadium scheme, have completed the first round of public consultations , with the second round due very shortly. PP will likely follow that very quickly.
The team are indeed well short of competing for even an EL place. Moshiri has provided funding beyond the headline values of transfer fees and has IMO been failed by a succession of appointments. There is an argument to be made that he was responsible for the appointments and I understand that, but with each of the appointments that he has made, they have carried a certain amount of expectation and each has been made with a view for forward movement. Each was certainly, in the majority of outlets, seen as an improvement on the last.
I genuinely have no understanding of what your offering is. What do you propose? How would you change it, apart from seemingly going back to the days before we broke all of our financial records and never looked likely to.The days before we had a 199 year lease on a waterfront location, bookmarking a £5.5bn area of investment, upon which, after following required processes is extremely likely to fly though planning and house a brand new purpose built stadium.

"I genuinely have no understanding of what your offering is. What do you propose?"

It beggars belief that I'm being asked to solve the club's problems. Why do I have to "offer" anything? It's enough that my observations are right on the money...as you underline in your convoluted series of excuses for failure above.

The truth isnt yours.
middle-finger.png

The biggest single cause of us not kicking on in the eighties, rests squarely on the shoulders of our wall remodelling neighbours across the park and the subsequent ban from Europe comps for English clubs.

Never forget that.

They don’t every year they celebrate what they did to Everton ,alarmingly revel In a terrible disaster
that said I don’t think Philip Carter did everything he could to overturn that incredible injustice

Of course he did. He's a grown assed, intelligent man. Why would he make things up when he has better things to do, like write / speak about financial stuff which gets a lot of traction.

I find it mad that people get so upset that he was given info which he passed on. Some of it didn't come off but rather than thank the bloke he was ridiculed and ultimately left the forum.

All very juvenile.
maybe its best to keep some things to yourself then, instead of spouting '100% done deals' all over the internet when they obviously weren't done ! no deal is done till the player is playing in the colours....

it was very naïve on his part, esp for someone claiming to be credible.

History being made in this thread now, just with the words, Kenwright AND net spend. I must have missed that somewhere along the line. Was always sell to buy.
Actually, there were net spends in 10 of the 16 seasons he was in control.

It was "only" between 2008/09 to 2012/13 that we saw the debilitating season on season negative net spends. Either side of that period cash was spent. Just not enough of it to make a dent.

Everton has posted a second consecutive year of record revenues totalling £189m - a 10 per cent increase on the previous year.

"the club have not moved forward commercially in any significant way"

Commercial revenue from sponsorship, advertising and merchandising grew by 34 per cent from 2017, reaching a record £20.7m, with the Club’s first African main partner, SportPesa, and the innovative engagement with sleeve partner Rovio and its iconic game, Angry Birds, augmented by a growing portfolio of Official Club Partners.

Combined with gate receipts, sponsorship and other commercial income increased by 45 per cent from 2017.

What a qweglet.
is that you @The Esk

Status
Not open for further replies.