Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will only enrich himself if Everton are successful. He clearly wants to make Everton better.
That's not the only way he can enrich himself. Gaining access to the LW project via BMD will likely make him more money than he would ever make from football. I agree, however, there is more money to be made from Everton being successful than not.

Well we don't know that's happened. But either way, what could he do that was impressive in that context?
It's a coincidence that every job he has had is for one of his uncle's companies or customers?! We definitely know that is what happened.

Your latter point is fair, although I would say if he went to work for organisations not connected to his uncle it would be easier to claim that all of his achievements were meritocratic.

It's a coincidence that every job he has had is for one of his uncle's companies or customers?! We definitely know that is what happened.

Your latter point is fair, although I would say if he went to work for organisations not connected to his uncle it would be easier to claim that all of his achievements were meritocratic.
I don't think anyone doubts that nepotism is at play. I also think that many just don't care lol

I was thinking this myself as he doesn’t own any of Arsenal anymore. Unless he wouldn’t pass the fit and proper persons test thing they have?
As others have already alluded, as long as he remains at arms length he can inject signicant funds into the club via sponsorship deals etc.
If he were to become directly involved his ability to introduce any further funding into the club would be severely limited to our obvious detriment.

It's been clear from when Moshri joined he has been fronting for his business partner. I think he is waiting in the shadows for two reasons
1. I think he is still hoping that he might be able to buy Arsenal and doesn't want to be connected with Everton which would stop that happening.
2. Everton have hardly covered themselves in glory over the last several years and I think he wants to step in when we move up the table, secure champions league football.

If you believe the stories about Rafael appointment, he was a huge supporter of bringing him in - I think he wants a team that compares to that amazing Arsenal team.

Add to this the millstone of financial fair play - the perfect tool to keep the big teams big and small teams small - Everton once again are late to the party, in effect, all we are doing is what Man City, PSG, Chelsa and others have done before us.

So him being on the outside paying £35 million to secure the naming rights for the stadium meaning we are looking at £100,000,000+ for that actual naming rights - might be better for him being on the outside

That is my big worry about Usmanov's involvement. Most people assume that his interest in Everton is entirely benign. That we are a vanity project and money will perpetually be poured into the club, Man City style, until sporting success is achieved. There are a few theories that Everton are simply a vehicle that allows access to the Liverpool Waters regeneration project and the huge sums of money to be made from that. It seems to me that it is at least as likely that Usmanov is here for personal enrichment as opposed to magnanimously helping EFC. Best case scenario, he achieves both things.
I'd suggest he's already put in (or at least committed to) a sum that is already more than he could make from Liverpool Waters.

I've never really been on that train tbh. The whole thing from Moshiri leaving arsenal so fast it left a fire trail didn't really scream that it was some ingenious 10/20 year plan coming together.

I'd suggest he's already put in (or at least committed to) a sum that is already more than he could make from Liverpool Waters.

I've never really been on that train tbh. The whole thing from Moshiri leaving arsenal so fast it left a fire trail didn't really scream that it was some ingenious 10/20 year plan coming together.
I just don't see Usmanov and Moshiri pouring hundreds of millions into the black hole that is our beloved football club indefinitely or without a financial insurance policy. We might be a toy but all kids eventually get bored with their toys (especially when they are as devoid of fun as we can be).

Of course, but it would be a bit of a stupid thing to do wouldn't it? I mean objectively speaking. He seems to have done well with the women's team anyway.

Can't believe they appointed Ingles. I have no idea who he is or what he does, but it's obviously terrible for the club and is a proper basket case move.

Grumble

Yeah how many windows under Moyes did we need or two good player's to make a good push for 4th place.

Also we were always slow starters under him because of our wheeling and dealing through the summer.
The one summer we did our business early - Howard lescott andy Johnson we got off to a decent start

I'm sceptical about Ismailov but if the appointment brings some vigour to the boardroom, it might pay off.

I would think at least his view will get sufficient airtime and consideration. Whether it's true in practice or not, he will be seen as Usmanov's mouthpiece.

Status
Not open for further replies.