Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's better than 99.99999999999% of 26 year olds. 99.99999999999% of 26 year olds don't have billionaire oligarch patrons. It's a disingenuous comparison.

Yes thats true. But he's got a very impressive CV. Whether you put that down to him or his uncle, that's another question isn't it?

If this money had landed 2007/8-2008/9 we’d have been laughing. Had the nucleus of a really good side with the right additions

Yeah how many windows under Moyes did we need or two good player's to make a good push for 4th place.

Also we were always slow starters under him because of our wheeling and dealing through the summer.

Yes thats true. But he's got a very impressive CV. Whether you put that down to him or his uncle, that's another question isn't it?
It's not another question at all. Does he have talent or a powerful patron (or both)? The only thing we know for a fact is that he has a powerful patron. His CV is only impressive if it is achieved on merit. The positions he was given would not have been afforded to anyone else with the same level of background which means that nepotism is at least one factor on his CV. It may not be the whole story but who knows?

It's not another question at all. Does he have talent or a powerful patron (or both)? The only thing we know for a fact is that he has a powerful patron. His CV is only impressive if it is achieved on merit. The positions he was given would not have been afforded to anyone else with the same level of background which means that nepotism is at least one factor on his CV. It may not be the whole story but who knows?

But you've got no idea if it's based on merit or not. That's the point. But it's an impressive CV. Even the internship at the law firm is pretty impressive.

It might be worth asking advantage for who mate? For the club or Usmanov?
That is my big worry about Usmanov's involvement. Most people assume that his interest in Everton is entirely benign. That we are a vanity project and money will perpetually be poured into the club, Man City style, until sporting success is achieved. There are a few theories that Everton are simply a vehicle that allows access to the Liverpool Waters regeneration project and the huge sums of money to be made from that. It seems to me that it is at least as likely that Usmanov is here for personal enrichment as opposed to magnanimously helping EFC. Best case scenario, he achieves both things.

But you've got no idea if it's based on merit or not. That's the point. But it's an impressive CV. Even the internship at the law firm is pretty impressive.
It's impressive for a standard citizen in a completely context free vacuum. Is it impressive if every role is served up on a platter, with some of the posts created specifically for you?

That is my big worry about Usmanov's involvement. Most people assume that his interest in Everton is entirely benign. That we are a vanity project and money will perpetually be poured into the club, Man City style, until sporting success is achieved. There are a few theories that Everton are simply a vehicle that allows access to the Liverpool Waters regeneration project and the huge sums of money to be made from that. It seems to me that it is at least as likely that Usmanov is here for personal enrichment as opposed to magnanimously helping EFC. Best case scenario, he achieves both things.

He will only enrich himself if Everton are successful. He clearly wants to make Everton better.

It's impressive for a standard citizen in a completely context free vacuum. Is it impressive if every role is served up on a platter, with some of the posts created specifically for you?

Well we don't know that's happened. But either way, what could he do that was impressive in that context?

Well yes either party.
Last time I remember, family members were taken into account as related parties when looking at accounting transactions.

I think...

The family link will be an interesting one, I don't know about that.

For the club what does it gain? I suppose there is some distance to an oligarch.

For Usmanov, if he were running it in the background, he gets to make all of the decisions with none of the scrutiny. That's appealing for lots of wealthy investors.

Status
Not open for further replies.