Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri has invested vast sums into making us a success, it sadly hasn't worked, but he doesn't strike me as somebody who quits.

Good, because a lot more investment will be required if he wants to match the big investors in professional football.

They did away with STCC I think.

We have some rules concerning P&L, but they tie into FFP.

City are being charged with fraud.

Their ruling will have very little impact on FFP IMO.

You all think you want FFP scraped, I can assure you you dont, if FFP is scraped we 100% will never catch the teams above us. City will just disappear out of sight.

Although teams can have long periods of dominance, I don’t think City would be that far ahead of the chasing pack for a long time. As you spend more money on players, the returns become smaller. If we went from spending average £30m per player to £60m per player, our progress would be greater than the jump from £60m to £90m as quality difference between a £60m and £90m player isn’t consistently that much.

Or to look at it another way, going from buying an Iwobi to buying a prime De Bruyne is a bigger leap than going from a De Bruyne to a Messi.

Fella I know works in media, but does lots of presenting/mc work on the side.

Let slip the other day he has been mc at Moshir's Birthday party for the last several years in Monaco. The party is always thrown by Usmanov and they are "absolutely inseparable, whatever they do they do it together."

Not exactly a source, just additional insight.
Yep. They do everything together. Usmanov is balls deep in Everton..

Although teams can have long periods of dominance, I don’t think City would be that far ahead of the chasing pack for a long time. As you spend more money on players, the returns become smaller. If we went from spending average £30m per player to £60m per player, our progress would be greater than the jump from £60m to £90m as quality difference between a £60m and £90m player isn’t consistently that much.

Or to look at it another way, going from buying an Iwobi to buying a prime De Bruyne is a bigger leap than going from a De Bruyne to a Messi.

that's an interesting way of looking at it too, which is why I hope that we invest in coaching, infrastructure and 'club culture' because there are very few players who can individually transform teams consistently, but if we keep creating a system and add players of European - Elite standard, i.e. Champions League quality - in the 30-40m range, that would be amazing.
Regardless of how much Moshiri & Usmanov put in, we'll have to depend on a squad which has say 30% homegrown / 20% good young talent bought and developed, maybe30% of the Gomes, Digne, Mina level, and then some 2-3 Richarlisons! Does that make sense? We can't buy our way to the PL , it's too risky anyway

The stadium is the real key to Usmanov financing Everton. As it stands right now, we make money from gate receipts at Goodison. That money goes towards revenue and towards FFP, but obviously isnt much. A new stadium is expensive when it comes to cash outlay, but its expenses dont count against FFP.

So as the new stadium project goes forward, we not only gain much higher matchday revenue that go straight towards FFP, but Usmanov can now sponsor, at say 30 million per year, the stadium itself. The stadium allows us(through Usmanov) to go an extra +40 million per season in spending.

There are only three ways to get around FFP: increasing matchday, merchandising, and sponsorship revenue. We cant do too much about merchandising yet, but we can greatly increase matchday and sponsorships.

With Carlo looking at least two decades younger it is only right that we buy him Nesta, Sheva and Kaka.

The stadium is the real key to Usmanov financing Everton. As it stands right now, we make money from gate receipts at Goodison. That money goes towards revenue and towards FFP, but obviously isnt much. A new stadium is expensive when it comes to cash outlay, but its expenses dont count against FFP.

So as the new stadium project goes forward, we not only gain much higher matchday revenue that go straight towards FFP, but Usmanov can now sponsor, at say 30 million per year, the stadium itself. The stadium allows us(through Usmanov) to go an extra +40 million per season in spending.

There are only three ways to get around FFP: increasing matchday, merchandising, and sponsorship revenue. We cant do too much about merchandising yet, but we can greatly increase matchday and sponsorships.
Usmanov if he wanted to could come in and pay for the stadium himself as that’s no breach of FFP anyhow and then get naming rights as well ,even from another company .
That is a bigger increase of revenue than borrowing the money and a sponsor as there would be no repayments to make and all the matchday revenue would be in the clubs coffers .

Usmanov if he wanted to could come in and pay for the stadium himself as that’s no breach of FFP anyhow and then get naming rights as well ,even from another company .
That is a bigger increase of revenue than borrowing the money and a sponsor as there would be no repayments to make and all the matchday revenue would be in the clubs coffers .

The way we're doing this stadium reminds me of when Moshiri and Usmanov were at arsenal trying to take over, they wrote an open letter to Arsenal fans saying about the funding for the Emirates, instead of paying the stadium off in big instalments which effected how much could be spent on the squad, they said they would of financed the stadium over a longer time, that way there is money available for the manager every year instead of paying the bank back everything you've earned, Arsenal where just lucky they had Wenger getting them champions league footy every year

The way we're doing this stadium reminds me of when Moshiri and Usmanov were at arsenal trying to take over, they wrote an open letter to Arsenal fans saying about the funding for the Emirates, instead of paying the stadium off in big instalments which effected how much could be spent on the squad, they said they would of financed the stadium over a longer time, that way there is money available for the manager every year instead of paying the bank back everything you've earned, Arsenal where just lucky they had Wenger getting them champions league footy every year

That is true but our stadium will be more expensive , matchday income won’t be the same as the emirates due to the London effect and a lower capacity and we don’t have CL revenue going forward atm or prior which arsenal had .

Without the figures at hand I’m sure we were looking already at a longer payback term anyhow and it wasn’t a great increase initially factoring in repayments and what was earned at GP already .

My main reason for commenting in the usmanov thread was the apparent staying in the background to “underhandedly “ feed the club money to not breach ffp when just openly coming in and financing the stadium completely alleviates that , doesn’t break any ffp rules and gives all the stadium receipts straight into the clubs coffers .

What I still can’t understand is the need to be in the background when he
has no links to other clubs anymore , he has already openly tried to buy a club before , he would certainly pass the fit and proper test I just can’t see the need for secrecy

Status
Not open for further replies.