Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinks doesn't it but the PL don't want the monopoly breaking. The likes of Leicester and Wolves replacing Arsenal and Man Utd in the top 4 does nothing for their brand
That's true, the narrative would be upset, but it's a far more interesting 'product.'

It's actually good that it's City fighting it, already a big name club with lots of recent success.

If it was for example, Southampton who had suddenly found a generous benefactor they would be laughed at.

City win, it's all but over and the gloves are off.

The Premier League have got their own spending rules though haven't they?

They did away with STCC I think.

We have some rules concerning P&L, but they tie into FFP.

City are being charged with fraud.

Their ruling will have very little impact on FFP IMO.

You all think you want FFP scraped, I can assure you you dont, if FFP is scraped we 100% will never catch the teams above us. City will just disappear out of sight.

City are being charged with fraud.

Their ruling will have very little impact on FFP IMO.

Agreed, but that means their potential ban has little to do with FFP as well.

It means that City’s only punishment so far has been a fine that was paid for by a ban on receiving prize money from European competitions, and no punishment at all from the Premier League.

That level of ‘punishment’ is well worth the progress that can be realised by breaking FFP.

If Usmanov actually wanted to bankroll Everton to success then I think he would just do it. I don’t think he’d cack himself due to the fear of FFP ‘punishment’.

Agreed, but that means their potential ban has little to do with FFP as well.

It means that City’s only punishment so far has been a fine that was paid for by a ban on receiving prize money from European competitions, and no punishment at all from the Premier League.

That level of ‘punishment’ is well worth the progress that can be realised by breaking FFP.

If Usmanov actually wanted to bankroll Everton to success then I think he would just do it. I don’t think he’d cack himself due to the fear of FFP ‘punishment’.

Moshiri has invested vast sums into making us a success, it sadly hasn't worked, but he doesn't strike me as somebody who quits.

Liverpool breach ffp - a fine
Chelsea breach ffp - a fine
Man City breach ffp - a fine
Man City breach ffp for a second time - euro ban
Everton breach ffp - relegated to bottom tier of English football with an indefinite ban on signing any players.

You just know that would happen.

Plus this.

Status
Not open for further replies.