Unsworth should have been kept in charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it would have made much of a difference. We probably would have scored more but also conceded more too with the points totals being roughly the same.

It would have made it cheaper bringing in a new guy.

But who knows because with out the little run after Big Sam took over we would be in the relegation zone so I'm still glad he was brought in.

Unfortunately Unsworth was not the answer, the board made the very serious mistake of sacking Koeman when they hadn't a clue what they were going to do next.
We now have a situation were the manager they were willing to pay £10 million for is out there for nothing but they are afraid to bring him in because they wasted money on Fat Sam and his useless band of dinosaurs.
It shows they haven't a clue what they are doing or have any confidence in what they are doing.

They might make the change once we are safe.

I wouldnt have kept Unsy he needs more experience. However we shouldn't have made such a mess of securing a manager. We went back to Big Sam out of sheer desperation.

Unsworth was poor. Just like all the players who are the answer when they are sat on the bench, Lookman and the like. We have a poor squad that cost many millions and I doubt anyone could do much with them

You would need someone like a modern day version of Alex Ferguson to sort out our problems and then build the team up with smart investment.

I don,t see any managers out there will solve this mess by themselves.

Before i put my point across here, let me state I am aware of how dismal some of the performances with Rhino in charge where. However, were they any worse than what we are currently witnessing? I think not.

What allardyce and his team have done is rubber stamp the disillusionment amongst the fan base which Koeman had begun. Whilst performances under Unsworth were generally poor, there was a bit more of the backs to the wall attitude which generated a little fight throughout the club (Watford home for example).

Now let's consider the games Allardyce has won whilst in charge.
Huddersfield (h)
Swansea (h)
Newcastle (a)
Leicester (h)
Palace (h)

I honestly believe that we would have won all those games had Unsworth remained in charge and ended up floating round mid table as we are now. Huddersfield and Swansea were woeful at the time and required only two crap ish performances from Ourselves to beat them. Newcastle we were lucky but still it was two poor teams. Leicester and Palace we were helped massively by circumstances and both Zaha and Mahrez missing. Granted, Allardyce has picked up odd points here and there through his park the bus approach, but again, maybe we would have beaten WBA on one occasion which would compensate for another draw/loss elsewhere.

Essentially, the board panicked after Southampton and were panicked into making rotten managerial and coaching appointments which is ultimately going to do nothing other than create a further divide between the fans and the club and then cost the club another small fortune to pay them all off if (likely when) they are removed. If the board had given Unsy the games against Huddersfield and Swansea, won the, both and them come out and stated he is the Mann for the rest of the season as anyone else we may want isn't currently available, I think most Evertonians would have accepted that as a stop gap.

As fans who go week in week out we should expect better and demand better from 'professionals' who are in charge of the club.
Completely agree and the board should have confirmed it until the end of the season from the start. Everyone would have known exactly where they stood including, most importantly, the players.

nuck Darryl, post: 6168619, member: 27450"]Martinez didn't set the bar very high. The fact that the next three have failed to top it is just plain embarrassing.[Canuck Darryl, post: 6168619, member: 27450"]Martinez didn't set the bar very high. The fact that the next three have failed to top it is just plain embarrassing.[/QUOTE
The bar is now set you have to crawl under it!

nuck Darryl, post: 6168619, member: 27450"]Martinez didn't set the bar very high. The fact that the next three have failed to top it is just plain embarrassing.[Canuck Darryl, post: 6168619, member: 27450"]Martinez didn't set the bar very high. The fact that the next three have failed to top it is just plain embarrassing.[/QUOTE
The bar is now set you have to crawl under it!
The bar is set just above the trench, that’s how low it is lol

Status
Not open for further replies.