Tyias Browning

Status
Not open for further replies.
An undislosed fee of £4M...you may as well say £40M....or 40 quid.
Well no.

It’s undisclosed but believed to be £4m

Not sure where your £40m or £40 comes into it.

Even if it was £1m it’s still a decent fee for someone with less than 6months left who hasn’t played for the first team in god knows how long.

His head must be wrecked after fending all those championship clubs off before settling on some Chinese side that no one had ever heard of in till 4 hours ago

Yes this is exactly what I'm saying
You might not of heard of them but that says more about you. Canavarro, scolari and lippi have all heard of them anyway.
It says more about me because I havnt heard of that Chinese side that I've already forgotten the name of than it says for professional footballers who got the ¥¥¥ waved at them, OK then, Browning is the sickest CB in the world

They win the league pretty much every year and are also well known across Asia.

£4 million isn't that out of the norm for a Championship level defender though. Stoke paid £3.5 million for some centre back called Danny Batth, for instance. Browning is clearly good enough for the Championship.

I think some one said they could make him legally Chinese via his grandfather or something? If he counts as a domestic player then that adds a lot to his value for them, so 4 mil is not out of the question.

....I’d really doubt the £4m being quoted given he can for free in 4 months (although not sure if a tribunal would apply because he came through the youth ranks). Regardless, any fee is welcome.

I think some one said they could make him legally Chinese via his grandfather or something? If he counts as a domestic player then that adds a lot to his value for them, so 4 mil is not out of the question.

No, it seems about right to me, both in the going rate for a Championship level defender, a relatively young player and one who could potentially play for the Chinese national side. Good luck to the lad. Hopefully he makes a success of the move and carves out a career for himself.

Didn't he have a bad knee injury just when he was on the edges of our first team? Possibly derailed him from becoming a Prem level defender. Or just wasn't amazing. Who knows, but it's a shame. we could do with producing a few good players through the ranks.

Apparently Luke Garbutts best friend is an eighth Chinese, and his Dad likes their style of cooking, that should be enough to fetch a few million surely.
Yeah but he prefers Everton reserves' style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.