Two steps forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it isn't. Why wait 'til an arbitary time? A manager still has to manage in the Summer. He presides over transfers, oversees fitness, plans for the following season etc. A new, competent manager could come in next week, assess the current players and plan for next season in a position of authority.

This season is a lost cause. Sacking Martinez won't relegate us, but it will give the next guy some time to work his own vision in preparation for next season.

Sacking Martinez would risk de-stabilising this squad which is full of players he has brought in... and I don't agree with sacking your manager half way through the campaign.

This time last week everything was rosy. Sick of fickle fans.

We got done today and it happened. We have to move on from it and start again.

The season is effectively over bar the FA cup mate. Fuming ain't gonna change anything. Games like this happen, it's just the way it is. End of the season is the time for change, not now.
They certainly do under Martinez. Wasn't it only a few weeks ago we had the same sort of comments being made by the RM apologists after the home defeat against the mighty, all conquering Swansea......

We are never going to be a fortress without the fans onside and too many are disillusioned to do so. I have never seen such a consistently woeful atmosphere at Goodison than this season. The fans just arent buying what Roberto is selling and with substitutions like todays, its not hard to see why
This is very true regarding the atmosphere in the ground.....fans get frustrated and stop supporting sometimes. Strangely enough where I sit in the U bullens one of the guys near me was apparently spoken to by one of the stewards for using "choice language" when there were kids present - now here's a guy who always supports the team, never to my knowledge has booed the team, always is encouraging the players and imo is a proper fan...yet there is others who never open their mouths during the game or others who get on the teams' back. Matchday for me now is not a pleasurable experience it used to be with some of the fans we have. Rant over..

Sacking Martinez would risk de-stabilising this squad which is full of players he has brought in... and I don't agree with sacking your manager half way through the campaign.

This time last week everything was rosy. Sick of fickle fans.

We got done today and it happened. We have to move on from it and start again.
haha....you having a laugh. This team is very much the opposite of stable. Said it for months, if we are ever going to win anything, must replace him. The quicker we get rid, the quicker we move on

Sucks that we lost, but I'm gonna chalk this up to bad luck. We were knocking on the door and hit the aluminum a couple of times, with more than a few blocked shots. Above else now I think the supporters should possess some equanimity until we finish the campaign. We'll also see what happens with the ownership of the club too, just too much uncertainty to change horses in mid-stream to borrow a metaphor.

6 points off a Europa spot, would have been 3 if we'd taken a few of the 30+ chances we created, just a minor blip in our recent upturn of form, bounce back next week at Dean Court to get in the quarters of the FA Cup and today will be forgotten

I'm not saying we rolled over mate but we never have consistency and its infuriating the teams we are losing to at home

This is why;

football-parking-the-bus.jpg

Some of you have completely lost your minds.

We were by far the better side. WBA fluked a goal. Pulis in Pulis style puts 10-11 behind the ball, and we still created chances.

On another day it could have been 3-4 for us. One of those days.

Three 3-0 wins on the bounce - everything's ok in the world.
Pulis' zombies turn up and scab a goal - change the manager.

As BlueToff said: fickle.

Next week we win, then it's ok again.

Unreal behaviour.

Why not just accept that when you have a new young squad still developing then you'll have ups and downs? Or maybe some people prefer running round with their hair on fire? 'Kin drama queens are killing Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.