Trevor Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trevor was an absolute class act who was a huge loss to us. When I've done my all-time Everton team from the players I've seen he's my right winger ahead of Andrei Kanchelskis as he was part of a perfectly balanced midfield which was the real engine room to the success we had back in those heady days.

He was excellent in the air too. For starters I can remember a bullet header at the Street End in that 6-1 hammering of Southampton that even Dunc would've been proud of and another up at Middlesboro in the last minute of extra time which kept us in the FA Cup.

I watched an interview he recently did for Rangers and he said one of the reasons he went up there (as well as the European ban still being active) was because he didn't want to play against Everton as Man Utd also wanted to sign him. Massive respect for him over that.

Bonafide Everton legend whose massive contribution to those fantastic days won't ever be forgotten.

Jesus Dave, do you just hate everybody
I dont hate him. But him and Stevens, unlike other players, left Everton and it weakened us.

That's their decision and they did it because they wanted CL football and it was their right to choose...just as it's my right to choose to view what they did as destructive to Everton at the time.

I dont hate him. But him and Stevens, unlike other players, left Everton and it weakened us.

That's their decision and they did it because they wanted CL football and it was their right to choose...just as it's my right to choose to view what they did as destructive to Everton at the time.
I cant blame them for wanting European football, they worked damn hard to get there just to have it pulled from underneath them

Status
Not open for further replies.