Trevor Steven

Status
Not open for further replies.

rochdaleblue

Player Valuation: £50m
Delighted to see ‘Tricky’ Trevor back at Goodison yesterday. My favourite player from that great team of the mid 80s. How we could do with someone with his guile and craft in our present team. Back in the day we got a measly 1.5m for him off a tribunal when he went to Rangers. Spurs got something like 5m for Chris Waddle when he went to Marseille and we asked for a similar amount, even though Steven was twice the player Waddle was. I can’t speak highly enough of what a great player he was. He wouldn’t look out of place in the current city side. For our younger fans, imagine a player with the delivery of de Bruyne and the workrate and tenacity of Bernardo Silva. That was our Tricky Trevor.

I played as a right winger as a kid so was always my hero. Met him after a game once and he walked down Goodison Road talking to my dad and I. Great bloke. Remember once against Southampton away him landing on those weird railings they used to have round their ground that looked like they should be in a park. Any of the modern day wasters would have been out for 3 months, don't think he even went off!

I played as a right winger as a kid so was always my hero. Met him after a game once and he walked down Goodison Road talking to my dad and I. Great bloke. Remember once against Southampton away him landing on those weird railings they used to have round their ground that looked like they should be in a park. Any of the modern day wasters would have been out for 3 months, don't think he even went off!
Complete player. Played predominantly on the right during the 85 title winning team. But due to a wretched injury list in 87 was played on the right and centre midfield and I seem to recall even up front in one game. You and your dad were lucky to meet him, glad he was such a great bloke off the pitch as well as on it. ;)

The most under appreciated of all our players in that era.

Pure and utter class, week in week out throughout his whole career. 8-9/10 every single week.

Worked his ass off and had balls of steel in the big games, relished them like all our players in that era.

Very sad we do so little research into a players character these days before buying them. We end up with gutless, leaderless, wage earners.

Pure and utter class, week in week out throughout his whole career. 8-9/10 every single week.

Worked his ass off and had balls of steel in the big games, relished them like all our players in that era.

Very sad we do so little research into a players character these days before buying them. We end up with gutless, leaderless, wage earners.
Not under appreciated by me!!!! Just glided over the turf, made the game look effortless. Built a great partnership with Gary Stevens. Wasn’t blessed with blistering pace, but skilful enough to beat any full back of that era and gain that extra yard to put in great deliveries. I’d love to know what percentage of goals from Sharp and Gray that season came from assists from Steven and Sheedy.

Massive moment when he left. Another chasing European football. We were definitely had over a barrel on that one. I remember the only comparable player at the time was David Rocastle and he would have cost much much more.
Great player.

You've always got to end a post with something negative. Even in this thread about Trevor Steven, chatting about him and memories from 30 + years ago, you can't just leave it as it is can you ? You've got to have your swipe and sneer at our current fortunes.

There is more chance of Oscar Pistorius getting athletes foot than there is of you being an Evertonian.

Boss player. Gutted when he left. Always remember that lid on the pitch at Wembley in '89 remonstrating with him for leaving.

Underappreciated by who exactly, most Blues worship him.

Status
Not open for further replies.