Top Four Possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this team is good enough to finish fourth, but it's great that it feels like there's something to play for again.

I thought that the season was pretty much in the toilet after Leicester.

certainly good enough to challenge for it though?

one of the best defensive records in the prem, the prems top scorer and a lot of good players in a good run of form

I am a big believer that we can get 4th, however if we don't beat Boro then it's pretty much over, let's just focus on Boro. Beat them then beat Sunderland and we will be right in the mix.

Only 1 team is top 4 and that Chelsea, the rest is all to play for

If we can beat one of the teams above us that isn't Chelsea and not throw away stupid points we should have every chance of sneaking it. Let's take it game by game doe.

Unfortunately this is what everton do to you!

As the old saying goes, it's the hope that kills you! I'm ready to accept 6th/7th with a continuation of this good form. I think we can then really sell this as a project to some quality players we need.

If some teams above us want to offer us their spots then of course I'll gladly take it! But let's not forget we will have our blips or games where we expect to get beat and the teams above will pick up 3 points!

Don't believe the centre of defence is stout enough to prevent soft goals which will, ultimately, cost us.

Get the confidence thing strongly rooted and buy well in the summer. It will always be a tough ask but then we'd have a basis for real optimism.

Without Rom however ....

Think we're nailed on for 7th or better ! hoping better ! but more excited for next year now ! hopefully a good summer with regards to signings and we really push on!

Next 5 games are:

Boro (A)
Sunderland (H)
Spurs (A)
WBA (H)
Hull (H)

Realistically, i'd say we'd need 12 to 15 points from those 5 to put ourselves in the mix and give ourselves an outside chance.

It's a long shot, but why not ay?

Next 5 games are:

Boro (A)
Sunderland (H)
Spurs (A)
WBA (H)
Hull (H)

Realistically, i'd say we'd need 12 to 15 points from those 5 to put ourselves in the mix and give ourselves an outside chance.

It's a long shot, but why not ay?

I wouldn't say its a long shot, I would be disappointed if we failed to get less than 12 points from those 5 games!

I am a big believer that we can get 4th, however if we don't beat Boro then it's pretty much over, let's just focus on Boro. Beat them then beat Sunderland and we will be right in the mix.

Only 1 team is top 4 and that Chelsea, the rest is all to play for

Yes......Boro and Sunderland.

We need to take six points from these next two games to have a realistic chance of making the top four IMO.

And I think we will beat them ;)

I'd be disappointed with lower than 7th, 7th is where we are performance wise so far, obviously. 5th and 6th are quite achievable as the rs and to a lesser degree, arsenal, are on the slide. To get 4th means man city or man utd (more likely these) are going to have to stutter too. It would be mega unusual for 3 sided in the top half dozen to have a major drop in form.

Status
Not open for further replies.