Top Four Possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah right! Not another one of these threads... Bout as possible as a team like Leicester winning the league or the UK voting for Brexit or Trump becoming president. Next you'll tell me that a team can come back from 25 points down in the 3rd quarter to win the super bowl!!

Anyhow I need to get in my time machine to get back to my own time of Jan 2015. Everything is perfect with Bobby brownshoes in charge and we are still in both cups!! :p

Will be tough, but you never know, we are on a good run of form and look very confident, the players actually look like there enjoying there football now, we have to just keep going about our business and see what happens. Boro next up.

Think it's quite small time to outright dismiss it. We slate that lot across the park but at least they have some belief, it's what carries them through tough games sometimes. Not a chance we'd ever come back from 3-0 down in a Champions League final.

I knew I could count on you! It is small time. Jesus people act like the premise is WE'RE GOING TO DO IT. I'm just looking at the direction we're heading and the direction Arsenal and the RS are heading and saying, "why not"?

7 points off the pace and inferior goal difference, but Arsenal and the RS look to be in freefall mode. The way we are playing, picking up 8 points over 14 games? I'm not saying it's probable, but shouldn't we be setting our sights that high and not just saying "top 6".

There's not a match on our remaining fixture list we can't reasonably go into saying we can win. We won't win them all. Tottenham, RS, and Man U away will challenge us, but I say we can do it.

What say you?
I say: if we get a sniff of being near it, we'll suddenly find a lot of decisions start going against us. No way we're rich enough to get that sort of favour.

No chance of top 4. If we were coming at this already 5th then yes but there are too many sides above us who won't all implode collectively and we will also drop points, most likely against the teams we would have to displace.

We have a good chance of finishing 6th if that floats your boat.

Why not just try to win every game individually as a cup final and most especially get at least one win at one of the remaining bogey grounds we have left to visit, god knows there are enough of them.

Finish with as many points as possible and a few stand out wins, and be as ready to give it as damn a good go as we can from next August.

I knew I could count on you! It is small time. Jesus people act like the premise is WE'RE GOING TO DO IT. I'm just looking at the direction we're heading and the direction Arsenal and the RS are heading and saying, "why not"?
There's a bit of a weird mentality around our club that if you get over positive certain sections will shoot down in flames for being 'deluded'.

Like you say it's improbable, but if that lot were in our position they'd definitely be more positive and would be demanding that they finished above us. Thankfully we've now got a manager who demands the best from his players and has a winning mentality. Schneiderlin seems to fit in to that perfectly.

Anyway even though Arsenal, Liverpool and Man U have been quite average overall we're 7 points off 4th place and that's a huge turnaround from last season.

The future's bright, the future's Oranje.

7 points off the pace and inferior goal difference, but Arsenal and the RS look to be in freefall mode. The way we are playing, picking up 8 points over 14 games? I'm not saying it's probable, but shouldn't we be setting our sights that high and not just saying "top 6".

There's not a match on our remaining fixture list we can't reasonably go into saying we can win. We won't win them all. Tottenham, RS, and Man U away will challenge us, but I say we can do it.

What say you?
Why not?

We need to be careful of believing the media hype. Suddenly we're top four material on the back of a few wins. It's a long haul and will take a couple of seasons at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.