Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the club did OK to actually extend HIBBOS contract. He has averaged only 3 appearances each season over the past FOUR SEASONS in the Prem. It is poor the way the club has treated Hibbo. But he did receive his testimonial, and then it should have been it in hindsight. But since his testimonial he has been surplus to requirements and his contract was only extended because he was Tony Hibbert.

Surely its the agents job to keep them in the loop with regards of contracts etc. If you only have a week or 2 left on a contract and haven't heard anything then surely you would find out whats happening. I also cannot understand his attitude towards the club still allowing him to use the facilities but not being able to train with the 1st team.......that is courtesy from the club. Not exactly locking him out or anything. Sorry I cannot get my head around him not knowing what was in the pipeline. He needs to sack his agent (if he has one) or needs to grow some and knock on the door to ask what happening. If the club failed to inform him then yes the club are at fault but only equally as Hibbert is at fault for not enquiring weeks or months earlier. No need to diss the club after they have made him a millionaire and set him and his family up for life.

Whether he was right to go to the press or not the fact is I am sure the club is run more of a business now than the way it has been run before given the new men on board.
That is modern football. Like it or not.
What is important though is that we should still be able to be a People's club. If we don't that will eventually alienate some genuine fans. We will end up being supported by a bunch of Norweigens.
Let's hope our club can remember to continue being our club whilst being better run as a business. This whole thing with Hibbert and Osman could easily have been better managed with just a few words in their ears and a big hug.

Finding out from the website and not getting 1/10th the farewell Howard got wasn't great really. Pienaar, Osman and Hibbert should have had their exits handled in a more gentlemanly way, befitting of the club.

However it's disappointing to see Tony go to the papers. He can be disappointed about this but in light of everything the club has done for him, damaging its reputation and giving click bait to a trashy paper is just a crap thing to do and not in line with who I thought he was.

Absolutely this.

I think the club did OK to actually extend HIBBOS contract. He has averaged only 3 appearances each season over the past FOUR SEASONS in the Prem. It is poor the way the club has treated Hibbo. But he did receive his testimonial, and then it should have been it in hindsight. But since his testimonial he has been surplus to requirements and his contract was only extended because he was Tony Hibbert.

There all very good posts mate, his last contract extension was questionable. He has made 6 PL apperances since signing it. You couldnt say he should be surprised but still should have been communicated better.

Of course he should have been told, face to face. Someone has screwed up and should have their arse kicked. However I agree with the club regarding using the training facilities. You do not want ex employees hanging around having a moan about things. He had a good career, got paid well, but it would have been better to tell him and Osman before the end of the season to let them say goodbye properly. Not well handled by the club.......but moaning to the press is not the way to do it.......

...I think that's a fair point. His jibe that we are no longer the People's Club is a smack in the face for all those that do fantastic work with Everton in the Community and the Former Players Foundation.

All while he's still using the clubs facilities.... it's a bit mind boggling...

Biting the hands that have fed you for 25 years.

Give ya head a wobble tone lad

So his AGENT didnt contact the club then.

He expected a new contract as his AGENT hadnt informed him that he hadnt proactively contacted the club.

Now hes crying because we havent given him a gold clock but yet are allowing him to use the facilities....

Thats pathetic....

I was under a contract and one day i emailed the Global Head and asked him something. He replied with the news that my contract hadnt been renewed over email....and i should have been informed 2 weeks ago.

Did i cry off to people? No...just took it in my stride...and this guy doesnt ever need to work again.

Is right Zatara.

Tony Hibbert should pipe down.

Never rated him, always hated seeing him a blue shirt, robbed a living. Absolute donkey and should never had a contract at the club at all.

He's been paid around 30k per week for the past few years and played a handful of games. Earned more in a week than most do in a year/lifetime !

He's lucky the previous owners looked after him throughout his career because he could have easily been playing non league football.

Status
Not open for further replies.