Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before having a pop at TH try putting yourselves in his position, been here from when he was a boy, shed blood for the club and team, he loves the place and the fans but gets the elbow in this indirect fashion. The club was in between managers but someone from the office should have typed a letter or had the balls to phone the lad and BK should have ensured it was done correctly. Love Hibbo or not its the poor, very poor man management of someone who though limited gave everything he had for the club, always the club first. Hibbo undoubtedly feels hurt, how would some of you feel getting barred from here, used and abused. Money has nothing to do with it, its more than that, its like being spurned by someone you adore and that always hurts.

Before having a pop at TH try putting yourselves in his position, been here from when he was a boy, shed blood for the club and team, he loves the place and the fans but gets the elbow in this indirect fashion. The club was in between managers but someone from the office should have typed a letter or had the balls to phone the lad and BK should have ensured it was done correctly. Love Hibbo or not its the poor, very poor man management of someone who though limited gave everything he had for the club, always the club first. Hibbo undoubtedly feels hurt, how would some of you feel getting barred from here, used and abused. Money has nothing to do with it, its more than that, its like being spurned by someone you adore and that always hurts.

...diddums. I suggest his last contract was a big thank-you. Even if he has a gripe, the club has done enough for him that he should keep his own counsel, he's a very lucky boy for such an ordinary player who clearly thinks he's better than he ever was.

...diddums. I suggest his last contract was a big thank-you. Even if he has a gripe, the club has done enough for him that he should keep his own counsel, he's a very lucky boy for such an ordinary player who clearly thinks he's better than he ever was.
Sort of agree with you both.

I don't think for a moment that he should've been extended, but I do think that if we were prepared to tell the papers he'd been released, then we could at least have informed him first.

Sorry you miss the point entirely, it has nothing to do with money its simple downright curtsey. Many people who get rebuffed by an individual, spurned if you like, find it easier if they talk about it, in this case the club was wrong to treat him in this fashion, it has him hurt badly which, after years of commitment, should never had happened. To accuse him of being a very lucky boy is odd as the club thought he was worth the investment or are you suggesting the club was wrong again?

This came out at the end of last season so I dont know why its being resurrected especially now. It shouldnt have happened that way obviously and was wrong on a few issues. The whole things ridiculous though...not just the way Everton seem to have mishandled it. How come his agent allowed his contract to simply peter out without any conflab. Plus every footballers got a shelf life especially when theyve been crocked for so long. Naive...if were getting the full story like. I actually thought Everton had been very loyal to him and Osman given he hardly featured for a couple of seasons and Ossie's engine had well gone. If this is just hurt feelings, well that sadly cant be undone. Crying in the paper though over slights/missing texts etc does him and the club no favours and makes him look a ta-ta. And thats the bloody shame.

Sort of agree with you both.

I don't think for a moment that he should've been extended, but I do think that if we were prepared to tell the papers he'd been released, then we could at least have informed him first.

Get off the fence manlollollollol

Finding out from the website and not getting 1/10th the farewell Howard got wasn't great really. Pienaar, Osman and Hibbert should have had their exits handled in a more gentlemanly way, befitting of the club.

However it's disappointing to see Tony go to the papers. He can be disappointed about this but in light of everything the club has done for him, damaging its reputation and giving click bait to a trashy paper is just a crap thing to do and not in line with who I thought he was.

It's the kind of thing where you automatically feel a bit sorry for the long-time servants of the club (regardless of how limited they might have been in later years and what contracts they were on at the end of that period).

But then you start to think. Both of those players have agents and both of those agents would have to have been incompetent for them not to know that they weren't getting new contracts. Both of them had testimonials organised by the club and Hibbert is still using the club facilities to rehab.

So in essence they are feeling hurt that they didn't get the arm round the shoulder from BK (and I wonder what their views of him were behind his back when they were being paid to play given that they both have reputations as 'jokers') and Hibbert has gone running to the national press - especially the Mail - about it.

He has a right to be disappointed, but the comments he has made are way out of order.

He wasn't cast aside at 17 without a word, he has spent 25 years at the club where he was supported despite injuries and poor form. He has received at least as much as he has put in.

To turn around and kick the club at the very point it's embarking on its biggest ever recruitment drive and could really do without the bad publicity shows he is not an Everton supporter.

Let's hope our prospective targets don't take Hibberts appraisal of Everton into consideration.

I'd swap my standard of living for his in a heartbeat, he's only 3 years older than me and became a millionaire playing for the club I've supported all my life, great life

I agree the club have handled it really poorly, martinez or kenwright could have said something as far back as January that his contract won't be renewed, but Hibbert himself could of been doing more to find out where he stood with the club come June, if he was getting blanked by Senior officials then spend a bit of your money, hire an agent (I'm sure one of the lads would have a number for one) and get them to hound the club for an answer

Him saying it all changed when moyes left stinks of sour grapes, what he really means is the good life ended then and the old click of him, neville, osman, Howard, has gradually gone

i think the way the quote was worded, my misses was even more angry and all that says it all. When have everton ever been loved by the media? Tony knew his days were numbered probably for sometime. Phone call should of been made yes but as posted above this is click bait sensationalism, not hibbert going to the press he probably said that at the fishing range.

Status
Not open for further replies.