Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed in Everton for letting him find out like that. Shabby way to treat a player who's been at the club that long. More disappointed in Hibbo chatting wham to the Daily frickin' Heil though.

Something else that stinks here. Where / what was his agent up to? Shouldn't s/he have been knocking on the club's door at the start of the year?

Story doesn't fit.

No, it does not.

Plus it is the Daily Msil.

I for one don't set much store by what that rag says.

......I have always said Hibbert should count himself very fortunate to have had such a long period in top flight football. For an outfield player to play in so many games and not score a goal is a record to be ashamed of. Even if he has a point that his longevity deserved a more fitting send off he should've kept that disappointment to himself. He has been significantly rewarded for his service.

If he wasnt told that he wouldnt get a new contract and only found out trough the website, then that is really poor from the club. This seems handled very poorly.

But he 35 and hasn't played in years, any one could see him wasn't getting a new contract, why did he sort out his won future and find new club and maybe ask the club himself. I would be embarrassed to seek a new contract at the club after pocking so much money. Him an Osman have pissed the club off for a reason and now thinking these two were horrible and talking behind Martinez back. The club know about their behaviour and have said close the door on the way out. And that why they didn't get the guard treatment or maybe both of them could have said we are leaving at the end of the reason ages ago and might have got a guard if honour

Let me get this straight. A player who .......

• Arguably cost us the 09 cup final
  • Was never that good to begin with
  • Has played about three times in the last five years
  • Perennially injured
  • Still received a testimonial
  • Has been effectively a drain on wages for years (happy to be quiet then)
Is moaning because he didn't get a personal meeting to explain why he was being let go, and has done so via the rag that is the daily mail?

Stick to the fishing Tone. You sunburnt, gormless wetwipe.

About time this club because ruthless, for far to long we've had our kecks pulled down by players earning ££££ for doing very little. And managers for that to...

Hope Hibbo enjoys his retirement at the age of 34 being a millionaire after being a very very average player. While the rest of us work untill were 70 and struggle.most our lives....

Sh*te player turned utter wank*r

shocking comments from some. He wasn't saying he deserved a new contract, i don't even know why people have read this that way. He was just saying after 25 years of service, it would have been nice for our club to have told him he wasn't going to be offered a new contract.

This has nothing to do with him being paid way more and given much more service from us than he should have. Same for osman and to some respects pienaar, all 3 deserved a proper send off like howard got. Any player, even if only with us for one season deserves to be told of their contract is to be renewed. That's what this is about, not hibbert's bitterness at not being offered a new contract. Mindblowing how people came to that conclusion.

He was waiting for a new contract mate, anyway this doesn't mean he should run of to the media moaning, he had a great career with the club. He should have just kept himself out of the media. Hope the club ban him from the training ground today as we don't need his attitude around our players.

Poor way to end his career at Everton this article, and one that sadly will probably see him cast outside the establishment like Southall.

No doubt that if what he says happened, happened, then not renewing his contract should have been handled better than it was, however the article neglected to mention:

The fact that Tony has been supported by the club through a succession of injuries that limit his ability to do the job he was employed to do.

That he was very handsomely compensated for his service during all of his time at the club.

The article itself is pretty pathetic, I was wondering what song he was going to sing afterwards.

In a perfect world someone should have sat down with him to advise that it would be unlikely for his contract to be extended, however we know there were mitigating factors in this considering the changes that were going on inside the club since March. (Headline could have read: Footballer can't see past their own egotism - shock horror!)

No one would have blamed him speaking to the press if he said along the lines he was a little disappointed how he found out he was leaving blah, blah... but if this article is 100% true, the attack on the club is astonishing and has got me hopping mad!

I'm not going to say about how much he has been paid as that's irrelevant, the fact is loyalty swings both ways and I'm afraid he's shown true colours here. He had a contract and knew his leaving date many years ago when he signed it. As others have mentioned he has an agent and at any point they or he could have chased the club directly to see what was going on.

The fact is any reasonable person should have known that at 35 that would be their last year. Therefore he should have taken the initiative and announced his retirement/leaving Everton at the end of the season if he wanted the goodbyes like Tim got.

The club might have sent him a thank you card and some flowers when he actually does clear out his things and leaves for good, but he's still hanging around FF like a bad fart. (as we are now a "horrible business" i wonder is he paying memerbership for the facilities??)

Anyhow I hope he finds the true meaning of embarrassing when he's kicked out on to the pavement the next time he drops in. The brainless melt. :red:

Sorry for the long first post :oops:

He's officially the worlds crappest millionaire. Even the little snake Osman did something good once every 3 years. Shut up Tony you helmet.

Ex employee gets to use club facilities whilst not currently am employee of said organisation .

And moans at his treatment .
Jog on soft lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.