Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry you miss the point entirely, it has nothing to do with money its simple downright curtsey. Many people who get rebuffed by an individual, spurned if you like, find it easier if they talk about it, in this case the club was wrong to treat him in this fashion, it has him hurt badly which, after years of commitment, should never had happened. To accuse him of being a very lucky boy is odd as the club thought he was worth the investment or are you suggesting the club was wrong again?

....I think he was fortunate to have such longevity at a top club. He might have a gripe about how it all ended but the club was in a state of significant change when his contract finished, the new owner and Coach didn't have an infinity even if somebody should have shook his hand and said thanks. My point is that he has a lot to thank EFC for and he should've kept his feelings to himself.

i think the way the quote was worded, my misses was even more angry and all that says it all. When have everton ever been loved by the media? Tony knew his days were numbered probably for sometime. Phone call should of been made yes but as posted above this is click bait sensationalism, not hibbert going to the press he probably said that at the fishing range.

Are fishing range's a thing?lol

Whether you're the tea lady, a groundman, a steward, Tony Hibbert or Changy the Elephant, everyone deserves to be treated with respect by the club that employs them.
Completely agree, thought it was weird at the end of season when Howard got a big send off but nothing for Pienaar, Hibbert and Osman. We've already had comments from Pienaar that he and his agent asked several times what was going on with his contract, was he being released or was he getting a new deal.

It's not difficult is it to have sat the 3 of them down, thanked them for their service and told them they wouldn't be getting a new deal. Then made an announcement and said farewell after the Norwich game.
In saying all of this I don't think he should have gone to the Daily Mail.

I'd swap my standard of living for his in a heartbeat, he's only 3 years older than me and became a millionaire playing for the club I've supported all my life, great life

I agree the club have handled it really poorly, martinez or kenwright could have said something as far back as January that his contract won't be renewed, but Hibbert himself could of been doing more to find out where he stood with the club come June, if he was getting blanked by Senior officials then spend a bit of your money, hire an agent (I'm sure one of the lads would have a number for one) and get them to hound the club for an answer

Him saying it all changed when moyes left stinks of sour grapes, what he really means is the good life ended then and the old click of him, neville, osman, Howard, has gradually gone

I've heard others say the same from when El Pricko and the Wigan mafia arrived but that was always going to be no matter who had come, pity it wasn't A N Other. I have no doubt he will have earned more money than I have in his short career, mine lasted over 40 years but in this context it's hardly relevant. As for agents did he have one, if not why hire one at that stage of his career, did Ossie and the Pieman know they out as well, that would be interesting. Running to the press, or did they approach him, did the phantom agent get in touch with them for a price so many things are not known nor enquired about by lazy journo's but one is absolutely clear............THE CLUB GOT IT BADLY WRONG

I've heard others say the same from when El Pricko and the Wigan mafia arrived but that was always going to be no matter who had come, pity it wasn't A N Other. I have no doubt he will have earned more money than I have in his short career, mine lasted over 40 years but in this context it's hardly relevant. As for agents did he have one, if not why hire one at that stage of his career, did Ossie and the Pieman know they out as well, that would be interesting. Running to the press, or did they approach him, did the phantom agent get in touch with them for a price so many things are not known nor enquired about by lazy journo's but one is absolutely clear............THE CLUB GOT IT BADLY WRONG

I agree that there is a lot of questions that this article doesn't ask and has just gone for the sensational click bait side of things, I wonder with this being in the paper, will the club come out with its side of the matter, either way it looks a bit of shambles all round

Why on earth Hibbert went to a national newspaper and gave an interview to slate the club in public? To make things worst, he said Everton are kind of badly run since Moyes left. Think about this, is this the right thing to do?

Yes, perhaps the club can ask the contract guy to tell Hibbert in his face or his agent, formally, that his contract is not going to be renewed but his interview was, for me, not favourable to the image of the club. No offence I mean what did he expect...his contract expires on 30 June and if I heard nothing I expect I am going to be released.

The club had given him the chance and made him a millionaire. Personally, he should have been released 2 seasons ago. If I am him I would be more grateful and speak to the club in private sector instead of slating the management in public. It really does not help.

Status
Not open for further replies.