Tony Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding out from the website and not getting 1/10th the farewell Howard got wasn't great really. Pienaar, Osman and Hibbert should have had their exits handled in a more gentlemanly way, befitting of the club.

However it's disappointing to see Tony go to the papers. He can be disappointed about this but in light of everything the club has done for him, damaging its reputation and giving click bait to a trashy paper is just a crap thing to do and not in line with who I thought he was.

Both Tony Hibbert and Leon Osman have had testimonials.

Howard had not. (Could of been entitled to one for 10 years service)

Hence the difference.

Tony Hibbert and Osman bad mouthing the club like this can do one.

Both been looked after by the club far more than needed.

Spoilt arsed comments disparaging the club are going to be treated as they should by me.

Pipe down Hibbert.

I accept the argument that he didn't need to slag off the club in the press, but there's also the point that the club probably deserved it.

As an Evertonian, I think it's a terrible reflection of the club that it hasn't had the decency to speak to him, Osman or Pienaar at the end. I don't understand it either. It's not like it would have put them out or cost them anything.

While I agree he should have been told, mouthing off to the papers now makes me want this to happen to him
maxresdefault.jpg

@Boss_Blue What has the club do to him then? Is that warrant to slate the club in public? Went to the Daily Fail and moaned rather than speaking to the club in private. You must be happy with his action.
I believe that the club should have had the courtesy to tell him thanks for his service but they weren't going to renew his contract - not leaving it for him to find out from others (and the official website).

How would you like it if your employer announced that you were leaving via the company newsletter but hadn't had the decency to tell you first?

I believe that the club should have had the courtesy to tell him thanks for his service but they weren't going to renew his contract - not leaving it for him to find out from others (and the official website).

How would you like it if your employer announced that you were leaving via the company newsletter but hadn't had the decency to tell you first?

What you say is spot on, no argument from me that we should have handled it better as a club. But does that really give him the right to say we are a horrible business or we are not the the peoples club anymore?

Please read my original post. I do think the club could ask the contract guy to tell him in his face but then I ask you again, is that warrant to slate your beloved club in a national newspaper, damaging the reputation or image of the club?

Newspaper nah no. I know my contract is expired on 30 June and I heard nothing so what would I expect? Not in the retained list! Certainly I would not choose to mouthing it off in the Daily Fail in particular a club that made him a millionaire. Speak to the club privately via his agent or something do you agree it is the right thing to do in the first place?

The Axis of Weasel out in force now in this thread.

Glad to see the values we have been so proud of as Evertonians over the years have now been well and truly launched into the bin.

Amazing how many people think ex-players having a go at the club is a bad thing. The same people happy with Keijan sponsoring the shirts no doubt....

I get the fact he wasn't told first hand, but wouldn't he know his deal was up?

Whats up with not asking the question in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.