2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was big fan of Liam Walsh, who was a better player imo when they both played in the 23’s league winning team.
It’s mad one never played a game and the other has played a 100

I'm sure Walsh was about to be given a chance and got injured and Davies got the chance instead.

I remember watching an U23's game (sure it was away against Southampton) where it was mentioned.

I'm Probably wrong though, I'm always wrong.

Don't know what happened to the Tom Davies we saw in his first season. Could pick a pass and would get stuck in for a tackle in 16/17 but since then he's just deteriorated and offers absolutely nothing. Pretty much every pass goes astray. His positional sense is awful always gets caught the wrong side of play and doesn't win any tackles.

Was a relief when he got subbed at half time. In normal circumstances he'd be our 4/5th choice central midfielder but he seems to be one of the only ones who isn't injury prone.

I'd say he's completely lost confidence and belief in his ability.

I remember a game in the Europa League and Koeman had him in about 4 different positions, had him out on the right wing at one stage and the kid didn't know if he was coming or going, you could literally see the confidence drain out of him.

I'm sure Walsh was about to be given a chance and got injured and Davies got the chance instead.

I remember watching an U23's game (sure it was away against Southampton) where it was mentioned.

I'm Probably wrong though, I'm always wrong.
Maybe, he was unlucky with injuries
Wouid have been Everton’s 6th memeber of England’s Under 20 World Cup winning squad, but for an injury.

He’s done well at Coventry and I’m sure he will be back in the championship and performing at a good level soon

Last night's first half was certainly a poor performance; it just wasn't working for him. Rightly substituted and if games are going to be played at this half pace then could leave him out(and play Siggi). However our next two games are tougher and he'll be needed.

These last eight games will be important for Davies if he wants to be part of the first team - I don't think Carlo could accept many more halves like last night.

He's 22 in a few days and still moves around the pitch like he's carrying a bit of puppy fat. Needs a summer of working on his athleticism because for large parts of the game he's about a yard behind the play. He's one to keep and work on but he needs to step it up a level next season.

Takes an age to work out what to do with the balk,always looks rushed even with time,awful passing,gives away silly fouls constant,hasn’t the athleticism to be a PL midfielder whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.