Holgate
Keane
Baines
Iwobi
Davies
DCL

Any others?
Like I said I’m not sure how it works.
If we have 17 or less foreign players. Then can we get away with say 5 homegrown over 21 and so only having a squad of 22 over 21yr olds. The rest made up of young players?

We also have kenny, Delph and Walcott

Such a shame , we all had hope that this youth player was going to see us into the new brighter future .
After all the youth League titles and plaudits we have nothing to show for it . I wonder where it went wrong .
As said above , I trust in Carlos judgement but again as said it doesn't look good .
Doomed to be a D1 clotheshorse .

Davies isn’t getting in the side because of Ancelotti’s judgment. We are literally down to bare basics, the choice is basically between Davies or Sigurdsson. Full squad available and Davies hardly makes the bench.

Don't know what happened to the Tom Davies we saw in his first season. Could pick a pass and would get stuck in for a tackle in 16/17 but since then he's just deteriorated and offers absolutely nothing. Pretty much every pass goes astray. His positional sense is awful always gets caught the wrong side of play and doesn't win any tackles.

Was a relief when he got subbed at half time. In normal circumstances he'd be our 4/5th choice central midfielder but he seems to be one of the only ones who isn't injury prone.

That half time subbing yesterday was done for humane reasons. Absolutely nothing the lad did came off, an embarrassing performance.

That said, I still think there's something about him. If ever a player needed a loan away in a less pressured environment it's him.

He's under contract until 2023, he'll be 25 the day his contract expires. No point flogging a dead horse if we're trying to challenge for the upper reaches. Send him away for a year and then make a decision on his future whilst he has some value.

Don't know what happened to the Tom Davies we saw in his first season. Could pick a pass and would get stuck in for a tackle in 16/17 but since then he's just deteriorated and offers absolutely nothing. Pretty much every pass goes astray. His positional sense is awful always gets caught the wrong side of play and doesn't win any tackles.

Was a relief when he got subbed at half time. In normal circumstances he'd be our 4/5th choice central midfielder but he seems to be one of the only ones who isn't injury prone.

Honestly? I think opponents started seeing video's of him and getting a compilation of him and realised he holds onto the ball for too long, and they knew they could swarm him. He hasn't adapted his game to take account of that at all.

He is far too ponderous on the ball, with a slightly lanky running style, so loses possession relatively easily.

Combined with a lack of sharpness in decision making. It doesn't exactly make him dynamic.

That said, I think he offers himself for passes more and so mistakes are more noticeable. Gomes has been less visible in both the games so far.

Davies needs a full year on loan to make a determination on his long-term future here.

I can't see him as a long-term regular but he may still have a contribution to make as part of the 22.

H was poor last evening, he gave away some poor passes and did not seem to have the same energy levels as three days earlier.
But then, in the first half Holgate hit a couple of very poor passes as well and I thought Gomes and Richarlison were not involved at all.

On the night I think Keane, Iwobi , Digne and DCL were probably the only ones who could say they were on their game.... Sigurdsson also did well in the second half but he was fresh not having played on Sunday.

He is far too ponderous on the ball, with a slightly lanky running style, so loses possession relatively easily.

Combined with a lack of sharpness in decision making. It doesn't exactly make him dynamic.

That said, I think he offers himself for passes more and so mistakes are more noticeable. Gomes has been less visible in both the games so far.

Davies needs a full year on loan to make a determination on his long-term future here.

I can't see him as a long-term regular but he may still have a contribution to make as part of the 22.
Agree with this. He dosnt hide away. But he has no real physical strength to hold players off so when challenged he is always struggling with the ball and hurries his passes. Been living off that man city goal. Last night Norwich gave our midfield loads of time on the ball and the midfield still never did much. Only remember one 30 yard ball from davies to put dcl in but their keeper came out and covered it. We need a whole new midfield

If an academy lad performed like Davies did last night it would be his last game for us, it was that poor.

Surely Beni or Markelo have a bit about them to get a chance.. They must have been watching and thinking they might just get a game by the end of the season at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.