2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised when Koeman plucked him out if the 23’s , I thought Ryan Ledson was way better. Still do:D
I was big fan of Liam Walsh, who was a better player imo when they both played in the 23’s league winning team.
It’s mad one never played a game and the other has played a 100

Agreed - and that was the consensus opinion at the time.

Davies' biggest sin here is that he has been given ample opportunity to disprove this and always failed.
Yeah Ledson was a weird one, had everyone in the academy raving about him and was meant to be a future club captain then he just kind of burned out and got sold. Odd.

I'm pretty sure Davies wouldn't even get in the 23s side, well and truly baffled as to how somebody thinks he's good enough for the first team. Gomes must look across and have his heart sink. To go from Barcelona to having Tom Davies as your midfield partner.

Lets see if Ancelotti can get a tune out of him by season end.

Otherwise i think it could be that hes a backup option (we need to fill homegrown quota), a sale or a swap with someone from Bournemouth, Norwich or West Ham.

Lets see if Ancelotti can get a tune out of him by season end.

Otherwise i think it could be that hes a backup option (we need to fill homegrown quota), a sale or a swap with someone from Bournemouth, Norwich or West Ham.
Don’t think the homegrown quota will be an issue. There was 10 in the squad of 20 last night. If ive worked that out correctly

Richarlison has enough good games in the bank to have the odd bad one. Abd is our best player.
Davies will struggle to make bench next season if he’s still here
Richarlison is more often than not one of our best players and arguably his consistency is improving. Too often, Davies does not reach the standard we expect.

It's easy to jump on his back because of one bad game, but in reality the bigger picture is that he's far from being consistently to the level we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.