Today ; 14 years ago @ L44EL ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing stuff. Why did the Chelsea fans want us to go down?

Because we're a much bigger, better club with a history no amount of Roubles can buy. Despite our relative paupery there's still a lot of clubs who'd kill to have what we've got.

One visit to 'the bridge' will confirm this for ya.

came back with a piece of pitch and the "BB" row sign from the Gwladys.

And yeah, worst game ever.

[Poor language removed] me we were really sh1t. That season was appalling. I remember getting beat 1-0 at home against the Forest side that finished bottom.

We barely got better under Smith...

....and now we are disappointed to finish 7th

Satisfaction at "7th" is the legacy of those times, one of the reasons there was such turmoil and protest back then is anything less than TRYING to be competitive was unacceptable.

Moyes was fortunate inheriting 2 things - Rooney and a passive crowd.

The stability was from getting better journeymen from Rooneys sale, the dawning reality we had to start again as a club meant anything was acceptable to stay in the prem.

Going into 11 years of Moyes tenure I'd be happy to see a change now, see if the club could get some of it's old bravado back.

Satisfaction at "7th" is the legacy of those times, one of the reasons there was such turmoil and protest back then is anything less than TRYING to be competitive was unacceptable.

Moyes was fortunate inheriting 2 things - Rooney and a passive crowd.

The stability was from getting better journeymen from Rooneys sale, the dawning reality we had to start again as a club meant anything was acceptable to stay in the prem.

Going into 11 years of Moyes tenure I'd be happy to see a change now, see if the club could get some of it's old bravado back.

I've never seen our current situation so accurately or simply summed up.

I'd rep you but I'm tight.

Dion ****ing Dublin.

Nick ****ing Barmby!

It was the worst of games, It was the best of games. Got my ticket early as i nearly missed out on the Wimbledon game, in the family stand with eh rain beating down, farrely's shot, the yorkshire rat missing his penalty, the electricity coursing through the stadium when Chelsea scored, "it's in are (sic) hands now" said the lad behind me, Dion Dublin's header (he's saved **** all, allseason said the lad's dad behind me, stomach doing somersaults, ref running towards the tunnell, knew the whistle was going to go so cheered half a second before the people around me, big Dunc's fist pump, pitch invasion, hugging strangers, digging up the turf (from the side as i wanted to be 'respectful' haha), walking home in the rain, gave a smack head three quid (we'll still have are derby, lad), got home and collapsed on the sofa.

Never ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.