Today ; 14 years ago @ L44EL ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst Hangover ever for the next few days!!!!

Was in the pub straight from the game until silly o'clock, combination of ale and tension fueled blood pressure saw me looking the colour of boiled ****e until the Thursday.

As some one said earlier the worst game ever only made good by the final whistle!!!!

Worst Hangover ever for the next few days!!!!

Was in the pub straight from the game until silly o'clock, combination of ale and tension fueled blood pressure saw me looking the colour of boiled ****e until the Thursday.

As some one said earlier the worst game ever only made good by the final whistle!!!!

Aye. That was a terrible afternoon, but the start of an almighty session for me. Watched in Granada, Spain, with 5 other Toffees, but for whatever reason the barman couldn't get the sound to work, so for figuring out how the other matches were going we had to rely on the faces in the crowd and we were on a rota to run to the public phones over the street to ring back to those we knew could give us the news we needed. Funny how this all worked in the pre-digital age isn't it?
Things I remember were: "This is surely a dream" when Farrelly scored; O'Kane clearing off the line; the Park End covered in tricolours; and being absolutely certain that Barmby would score the penalty (how wrong you can be!). I think the alcohol destroyed any other memory.
Although it was a Sunday we stayed out until the next morning, just 5 Evertonians and one Citteh lad who tagged along for the craic. The Monday afternoon when I got up, well it was just one of those days when you're still bladdered from the day before. Tuesday's hangover was the worst I'd ever had. But all in a good cause.

came back with a piece of pitch and the "BB" row sign from the Gwladys.

And yeah, worst game ever.

[Poor language removed] me we were really sh1t. That season was appalling. I remember getting beat 1-0 at home against the Forest side that finished bottom.

We barely got better under Smith...

....and now we are disappointed to finish 7th

came back with a piece of pitch and the "BB" row sign from the Gwladys.

And yeah, worst game ever.

[Poor language removed] me we were really sh1t. That season was appalling. I remember getting beat 1-0 at home against the Forest side that finished bottom.

We barely got better under Smith...

....and now we are disappointed to finish 7th

That's like saying it's not okay to be disappointed with living in a bedsit because you were homeless once.

7th is never acceptable for EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB.

Status
Not open for further replies.