Time To Break FFP?

Is it time to take the hit and break FFP?

• Yes

Votes: 153 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Maybe (give Brands 1 more window)

Votes: 14 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love FFP to break down following the City court case.

But if it isnt - break it all the way. After watching us the last few seasons under Allardyce & Silva I couldn't care less if we got a transfer/European ban for a season or so providing we had a top team capable of winning domestic trophies and competing for the title.

Screw UEFA - win a Cup then get USM to sponser us by silly money to then make a profit.

Would love FFP to break down following the City court case.

But if it isnt - break it all the way. After watching us the last few seasons under Allardyce & Silva I couldn't care less if we got a transfer/European ban for a season or so providing we had a top team capable of winning domestic trophies and competing for the title.

Screw UEFA - win a Cup then get USM to sponser us by silly money to then make a profit.

And then we have to sell everybody to break even.

And then we have to sell everybody to break even.

Not necessarily - say we finished 4th, won a trophy, got bigger sponserships + USM giving us bigger deals /naming rights on BMD.

Turkeys voting for Xmas abiding by these corrupt rules - we've done jack all for 25 years who cares if we pay the piper after a few years of potential success?

Not necessarily - say we finished 4th, won a trophy, got bigger sponserships + USM giving us bigger deals /naming rights on BMD.

Turkeys voting for Xmas abiding by these corrupt rules - we've done jack all for 25 years who cares if we pay the piper after a few years of potential success?

Most of those clubs goat posted up the thread were told they had to break even the following season. That would also take into account the overspend.

Why are we getting bigger sponsorships for finishing 4th and winning the FA Cup?

Companies only care about exposure and that means European Football.

Most of those clubs goat posted up the thread were told they had to break even the following season. That would also take into account the overspend.

If you were told tomorrow that we wont win anything for the next 25 years (which is very realistic) would you honestly give a damn if we were punished by UEFA for going on a mad 1-2 year splurge which led to us winning even just 1 FA Cup / League Cup & a few seasons of us smashing teams every week with Carlo & boss players?

After seeing the 90's and the last few years post Moyes I couldn't care less. Tired of finishing 7-11th every year thinking its some sort of success just existing in the Premier League.

FFP/VAR - tools to help the elite why should we play ball when we have one of the worlds richest men backing us?

If you were told tomorrow that we wont win anything for the next 25 years (which is very realistic) would you honestly give a damn if we were punished by UEFA for going on a mad 1-2 year splurge which led to us winning even just 1 FA Cup / League Cup?

After seeing the 90's and the last few years post Moyes I couldn't care less. Tired of finishing 7-11th every year thinking its some sort of success just existing in the Premier League.

FFP/VAR - tools to help the elite why should we play ball when we have one of the worlds richest men backing us?

Honestly, i'd rather still have a club and a stadium and do it sustainably. I understand your take, however.

Honestly, i'd rather still have a club and a stadium and do it sustainably. I understand your take, however.

UEFA wouldn't liquidate us!

Likely a fine then the year after a european and/or transfer ban which you would take them through the courts like City are.

Childs play for an Evertonian post 80's.

UEFA wouldn't liquidate us!

Likely a fine then the year after a european and/or transfer ban which you would take them through the courts like City are.

Childs play for an Evertonian post 80's.

The premier league only accepts clubs who sign up to FFP. The ultimate sanction for club that, as an example, punts 200m on transfers and massive wages then refuses to break even after the one year European ban is having your league registration revoked. The Premier League are under no obligation to admit you if you fail to adhere to their rules.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't agree.

The premier league only accepts clubs who sign up to FFP. The ultimate sanction for club that, as an example, punts 200m on transfers and massive wages then refuses to break even after the one year European ban is having your league registration revoked. The Premier League are under no obligation to admit you if you fail to adhere to their rules.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't agree.

They wouldn't have the guts to pull the trigger imo.

Can see why some disagree though.

I think FFP isn't a worry for the next 12 months as we aren't qualifying for a European competition. Whatever we spend we need to worry about premier league spending rules. Only when we qualify for Europe do we need to worry about FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.