Tim Cahill in a Coaching Role....

Bring Cahill back to Everton in a coaching role?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am disappointed we keep on hiring the old guard, anyone that’s worked with a group of “ lads” who know each other know how they look after each other and very rarely promote growth below them, this kind of nepotism needs to stop, Ferguson, Cahill, the whisper about Arteta.

A limited player in ability but gave everything.

Limited?

Christ, what does that make this current bunch look like?

TC has been a top-level professional both domestically and in international Football for many years.

Based on the fact you used to like him as a player?

I'd rather we aim for actual respected coaches, not just ex players. Let's face it, we let several ex blues leave the backroom staff who, if we're going off actual achievements at the club, delivered far more than Cahill.

Ronald Koeman was a respected coach, as was/is Sam Allardyce...both to the extent that they’ve had more than one premier league job and both are or have been international managers. Would you rather aim for them?

Tim was great for us as a player, he is his own biggest fan mind.

I also don't get the need for hiring coaches who were players during an unsuccessful period for the club.

I honestly don't know if he has credentials, or coaching badges, or the want to be a coach, but if he does why not let him earn his crust somewhere else to see if he's any good.

Great player for us no doubt but no way did he have better all round technique than the likes of Rooney or Sigurdsson.

As for as a coach, how about we get some coaches who have actually won something as a coach.

Siggurdson can hit a couple of belters with his right foot, what else does he even do?

Rooney in his day did but quite frankly 38 year old Cahill would be more useful to us than Rooney is currently.

I get what being an Evertonian is about and I'm willing to do my badges and learn from the manager. I'd be willing to consider taking the Everton job full time in 5 years.

I'm young, hungry for success and British to boot. I think the fans deserve 100% from the players...

Want to take me on as a coach?
You're no blue kangaroo

TC would probably be best suited to an Ambassadorial role for Everton, to me more so than Pienaar.

He's a self-promoter, a good speaker and he clearly loves Everton.

But a coach? Maybe in a few years time after he's done his coaching badges, got his FIFA license etc.

Just because he was a great player here who loves the club, does not make him a good or right coach for us.
Hire him by all means if after his playing day he gets his coaching badges and turns out to be a great coach but not because of his history as a player.

Siggurdson can hit a couple of belters with his right foot, what else does he even do?

Rooney in his day did but quite frankly 38 year old Cahill would be more useful to us than Rooney is currently.

Rooney has scored what, 11 goals for us this season. Cahill is a bit part player for Millwall since January.

If you're unsure about Siggurdson's technique, try watching him when he has the ball.

Rooney has scored what, 11 goals for us this season. Cahill is a bit part player for Millwall since January.

If you're unsure about Siggurdson's technique, try watching him when he has the ball.

The poor first touch, the lack of pace, the complete one footedness, the lack of awareness of his own limitations (trying to take people on when he’s so slow). I stand by my comment, he’s not a great technician, he can just hit a decent dead ball and is a good finisher. See David Bentley but with a bit more stamina and professionalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.