Tim Cahill in a Coaching Role....

Bring Cahill back to Everton in a coaching role?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Unsworth has been getting great reviews, can't argue with that. Ebbrell seems to be valued by Unsworth, I guess you'd have to trust Unsworth's judgement on that. Ferguson? How do we know what sort of a job he has been doing? Tosun and Lukaku have said positive things about him, but other than that (and Dunc was/is my hero), what evidence do we have that he is doing a good job? Or a bad job for that matter?

Take a step backwards, are we really saying that we should appoint former players to the coaching staff because they "get" the club, rather than appointing who the best qualified people are?
Man City appointed Arteta as assistant coach 2 years ago without any coaching badges. He is now being linked with premier league manager jobs. Its not just the fact that Cahill gets Everton, that is a bonus. Listening to the guy talk about football, I think he has a lot about him and his passion would come off on the players. By passing your coaching badges doesn't make you a great coach, just means you have the qualification to say you are a coach. Personally I would like a coach that had something about them and can have some of his passion rub off on the players that they need to give 100% regardless of how talented they think they are, and I think listening to him on Sunday that he would definitely help with that.

I mean come on, I am not even talking about him taking another coach (who has all his badges) role, just maybe look to add him to the staff and see what he can offer and then like Arteta in 2 years people might start talking about him for management roles. People are reacting like I have suggested him for management....which to be fair I would take over what we have at the moment.

Probably inevitable post-World Cup, but Timmy's hanging up his (International) boots.

Attachments

• 1531788424551.png
    1531788424551.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 48
Man City appointed Arteta as assistant coach 2 years ago without any coaching badges. He is now being linked with premier league manager jobs. Its not just the fact that Cahill gets Everton, that is a bonus. Listening to the guy talk about football, I think he has a lot about him and his passion would come off on the players. By passing your coaching badges doesn't make you a great coach, just means you have the qualification to say you are a coach. Personally I would like a coach that had something about them and can have some of his passion rub off on the players that they need to give 100% regardless of how talented they think they are, and I think listening to him on Sunday that he would definitely help with that.

I mean come on, I am not even talking about him taking another coach (who has all his badges) role, just maybe look to add him to the staff and see what he can offer and then like Arteta in 2 years people might start talking about him for management roles. People are reacting like I have suggested him for management....which to be fair I would take over what we have at the moment.
So you'd take a man who you have never seen in action as a coach over a brand new coaching set up who have not been on the job long enough to find their way to FF without the satnav yet.

Arteta has always shown brilliant tactical awareness and his reading of the game is second to none so it’s no surprise that he would make a good coach

AD STIL AV HIM IN THE TEAM ME I WUD YANO LADS lol

ANYTHING BETTER THAN RAT PISS BOOLASIE RIGHT? lol

Apparently he's a right arrogant sod these days, so no.

Without down playing his achievements and commitment both for Club and Country, I do get the impression that all Cahill is interested in coaching / managing is his past reputation / legacy and his future football related business ventures and bank account...and why not, if you've got, it use it.

I'm hoping we stop giving people roles at the club because they 'get Everton'

Cahill is a bit of an idiot as well. Wouldn't want him anywhere near the club

So many people saying "but Cahill doesn't know anything about coaching"

The lad has been in football all his life, he's been coached by various coaches for the last 20+ years so he knows a thing or 2 about football. He would only come to Everton (or any other club) as a coach after doing the necessary coaching badges. So if he was to come to Everton he'd do so when he was ready for it. The fact that Cahill has a passion for Everton makes him more appealing but at the end of the day, if we were to give him a chance and it didn't work out he'd move on and try his luck elsewhere. It's hardly a massive risk to give he a chance.

Brand Cahill stinks.

Be an ambassador like Pienaar if you want but stay away from this club on a day to day basis. Don't need the Twitter and Instagram nonsense lingering around.

Brand Cahill stinks.

Be an ambassador like Pienaar if you want but stay away from this club on a day to day basis. Don't need the Twitter and Instagram nonsense lingering around.
Just flicked through his Twitter and he posted about 25 times on Sunday alone.

"Me and Marco just chilling after training [fire emoji,100 emoji, crying laughing emoji]"

Status
Not open for further replies.