Tim Cahill in a Coaching Role....

Bring Cahill back to Everton in a coaching role?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand Cahill stinks.

Be an ambassador like Pienaar if you want but stay away from this club on a day to day basis. Don't need the Twitter and Instagram nonsense lingering around.

If Brand Cahill stinks, why on earth would you (rhetorical question, not a personal one) make him an ambassador ?
If we're having former players as global ambassadors, let's have former players who are truly respected.
Thank Cahill for his efforts while an Everton player, but let's not go overboard with this potential over-indulging of former players.

If Brand Cahill stinks, why on earth would you (rhetorical question, not a personal one) make him an ambassador ?
If we're having former players as global ambassadors, let's have former players who are truly respected.
Thank Cahill for his efforts while an Everton player, but let's not go overboard with this potential over-indulging of former players.

Because he's a good marketing tool, essentially.

Not enough post reaction to be a useful marketing tool IMO.

Yeah, but:

0765605b30b0eb538ad78a2d2d86a911d2286c73

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer...ry-over-cahill-selection-20180515-p4zfbx.html

I'm hoping we stop giving people roles at the club because they 'get Everton'

Cahill is a bit of an idiot as well. Wouldn't want him anywhere near the club
Brand Cahill stinks.

Be an ambassador like Pienaar if you want but stay away from this club on a day to day basis. Don't need the Twitter and Instagram nonsense lingering around.

This is definitely true.

Just my opinion, that. I hate the way he goes about it with his social media posts as he posts like a 12-year-old but I can't deny he's a good marketing opportunity.

For example:

People who are on twitter all the time and then bag people who use it.

It's like, like, totally Hipster.

Anyone who thinks what we have is better than Timmy C mustn't have noticed how dog poo we are.

He was lovely when he was here and remains my joint favourite player of my lifetime (along with Arteta) but post-Everton he's been a bit of a mercenary and seems to care more about his book, his brand and his flash life in Shanghai and New York than footy. Not sure he'd have the passion we want as a member of staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.