Tim Cahill in a Coaching Role....

Bring Cahill back to Everton in a coaching role?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly not as manager, but I’d have him back as a coach.
A decent player who has kept himself in good shape and always played with a level of pride and passion that few of our current squad seem to achieve.
Considering the passionless derby and other games we are now seeing, I’d have him back as a coach even if he was tactically clueless but instilled a bit of fire into the bellies of the overpaid slackers on the pitch.

I hate jobs for the boys but Cahill is the one ex player who I think should be in and around the club in some capacity- certainly not as manager/assitant manager but a coaching role would do me.

I hate jobs for the boys but Cahill is the one ex player who I think should be in and around the club in some capacity- certainly not as manager/assitant manager but a coaching role would do me.
Based on the fact you used to like him as a player?

I'd rather we aim for actual respected coaches, not just ex players. Let's face it, we let several ex blues leave the backroom staff who, if we're going off actual achievements at the club, delivered far more than Cahill.

Based on the fact you used to like him as a player?

I'd rather we aim for actual respected coaches, not just ex players. Let's face it, we let several ex blues leave the backroom staff who, if we're going off actual achievements at the club, delivered far more than Cahill.

I just think he would offer us something different in terms of his in your face mentality - its no secet that our club and players suffer with an inferiority complex and for me he could prove to be a possible solution to that. Hell even give him the tea lady role so long as he can hopefully rub off on the players in terms of his commitment/tenacity.

I just think he would offer us something different in terms of his in your face mentality - its no secet that our club and players suffer with an inferiority complex and for me he could prove to be a possible solution to that. Hell even give him the tea lady role so long as he can hopefully rub off on the players in terms of his commitment/tenacity.
Think it has the opposite effect. Tells young players they've got a job for life just because they've played for Everton. Jose Baxter is a prime example.

Nonsense. Class first touch, class in the air, great finisher with either foot or his head, could play deep midfield or off the front man, made intelligent runs, was combative.

No player in the current team can touch him for technical ability.

Great player for us no doubt but no way did he have better all round technique than the likes of Rooney or Sigurdsson.

As for as a coach, how about we get some coaches who have actually won something as a coach.

Does he have any credentials as a coach at all? If not then he's best learning hid trade at a lower level before getting a job at a top club like ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.