Tim Cahill in a Coaching Role....

Bring Cahill back to Everton in a coaching role?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, let Fonseca (hopefully) or whatever manager is next bring his own coaching staff with him to get the team playing how he wants them to, no more trying to shoe horn ex players into the back room staff, if they get a role in the coaching staff then it has to be on merit and not just because you played here once

I agree with the sentiment of your post but watching goals on Sunday, I'm finding Tim giving me a totally different insight to the games I'm watching, would move on some of our dross coaches to make room for him, such a sensible, honest pro,speaks elequently and with authority, a future manager without a doubt, I think he will certainly be closely linked with us in the future.
I wish him luck for the future regardless always left everything on the pitch when he played for us.

If he has something to offer then yes get him in. I don't want people at Everton because they were good I want people who are good.

..certainly one of my favourite Everton players of modern times but he’s an institution in the Southern Hemisphere and I doubt he’d be wanting to give up the riches he makes ‘down under’ to bring his family back to England. Also, he might be a decent coach or he might be useless.

I think we already have too many ex-players in coaching positions at the club.

..certainly one of my favourite Everton players of modern times but he’s an institution in the Southern Hemisphere and I doubt he’d be wanting to give up the riches he makes ‘down under’ to bring his family back to England. Also, he might be a decent coach or he might be useless.

I think we already have too many ex-players in coaching positions at the club.
You know he currently lives in England?

Is he a good coach? If he is a good coach then why not, if you want him because he is an ex-player then no. I have no problem with old boys as long as they are good coaches.

I like what he had to say on goals on sunday though, he sees what the fans are seeing.

He was on goals on sunday today
asked about everton he said it is hard to watch what has happened to the club saying the club has lost it's identity
his time at the club he said there was a structure were players were added to the squad when needed, the team spirit was crucial to that
now the club has money they have just bought a bunch of random players

Think you've answered your own opening post here.
Not at all. Tim Cahill has been in the game a long time and played in 5 different countries which in itself brings good experience.

I seen post a few months back from people talking about Arteta as next manager. He started doing his coaching badges 3 years ago and then got a coaching role at Man City 1 year after starting coaching. Like Arteta, Cahill to me could be a good coach/manager. Its not just the fact that Cahill is ex player, he knows the game and knows what is needed to succeed and cliche as it sounds he knows Everton. Yes me and you and 100's of others on here know Everton but a lot of people at the club presently dont and yes we could go into the training tomorrow and try to rub that off on the players but firstly we wouldn't get the same respect that Cahill would and as above I generally think he potentially has a future in the game as a manager and we should look to start him off in coaching and develop him. Just because it seems Fergusson isn't doing much for coaching and Unsworth wasn't a great success when he took over briefly as manager, doesnt mean Cahill wont. Is it a massive risk to try him as coach and see what he has to offer....Surly not.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...n-have-lost-their-identity-insists-tim-cahill

Everton have lost their identity, insists Tim Cahill | Football News | Sky Sports.

Former Everton midfielder Tim Cahill admits the club have "lost their identity" lately and aren't building sufficiently for the future.

After a torrid start to the season under Ronald Koeman, Everton are now ninth in the Premier League, but 25 points off the top four.

Their latest disappointment, a 1-1 draw at Swansea, prompted fans to call for Sam Allardyce's departure as manager, and Cahill says the club are confused about who they are and where they are going.

Cahill, who made 278 appearances for Everton between 2004 and 2012, told Goals on Sunday: "It's confusing, they are confused too, they have lost their identity as a club, there is nothing they are really building around.

"Before there was a basis and a group of players that was built and we were adding to it and looking for the long term plan of how to evolve as a football club.

"Now it seems like they are just making signings and the chemistry is not there and on the pitch they are not linking well.

"It's difficult to watch because of the quality. You have to be careful what you wish for, if you want an owner with lots of money, they have that, but it doesn't always bring success overnight.

"The fans want some passion and identity. When you look back at Roberto Martinez for example, maybe it was impatient and waiting for that style, and under David Moyes maybe they thought it was getting stale, but now you can appreciate what they have lost."

Thierry Henry, also speaking on Goals on Sunday, remembers difficult games at Goodison Park during his time at Arsenal, but says that battling mentality has been lost.

Henry also says Everton were impatient with the playing style of Roberto Martinez, to whom he is assistant at Belgium.

"I remember going to Goodison and we knew we had to battle," Henry added. "Regardless of the quality, you knew you had to go there with a different mentality because they were going to be in your face and do whatever it takes to upset you or win the game.

"Now it is a bit different, everybody wants to play that good type of football but they had it with Martinez and I don't think they were patient enough with him.

"One thing I find weird with Everton is it's an amazing stadium, and they have the fans, but what do they want? With Moyes, it was where are we going, then he moved to Man United, then Martinez arrived, tried to play a certain way which didn't work at the beginning, then it worked, so they liked it, then it didn't work the year after, so they didn't like it."

Status
Not open for further replies.