• Shake it all about

Votes: 39 20.6%
  • Koeman IN

Votes: 77 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.

Apparently Dowell isnt doing too well in the u23s at the moment but Kenny, Holgate, Davies, Connolly etc have all stepped up along with him and done well

That Unsworth side was the best performance with happy exciting football being played since Joe Royle was manager...thats what i want to see.

They want to play for him as well.
Dowell's form has dipped because he's disillusioned with Koeman giving him no opportunities. I spoke to Joe Royle several months back and he reckoned Dowell would be playing for full England team within a couple of seasons. I was a bit taken aback to be honest but he really rates him.

Dowell's form has dipped because he's disillusioned with Koeman giving him no opportunities. I spoke to Joe Royle several months back and he reckoned Dowell would be playing for full England team within a couple of seasons. I was a bit taken aback to be honest but he really rates him.

That isn't true

How do you know?

Because no professional football purposely allows their standards to drop to spite a manager for not picking them.

In fact, that applies to any profession.

If that was Dowell's attitude - to let his standards drop because he hasn't been given a chance in the first team in the first 15 games of Koeman's tenure - then I don't think he's gonna have much hope of making it at the highest level...

Because no professional football purposely allows their standards to drop to spite a manager for not picking them.

In fact, that applies to any profession.

If that was Dowell's attitude - to let his standards drop because he hasn't been given a chance in the first team in the first 15 games of Koeman's tenure - then I don't think he's gonna have much hope of making it at the highest level...
I didn't say he'd done it on purpose and to spite Koeman. How the hell you jump to that conclusion I've got no idea. I do know he's disillusioned & I think it affected his form. I'm sure he'll pick back up.

I didn't say he'd done it on purpose and to spite Koeman. How the hell you jump to that conclusion I've got no idea. I do know he's disillusioned & I think it affected his form. I'm sure he'll pick back up.

Crossed-wires then...

If he is disillusioned, the best way to overcome that is by putting in his best performances.

I've been impressed when he's played but personally whenever I've seen him never thought "he's ready". Davies and Holgate are the only ones who are first-team level IMO - I think Dowell needs a loan to the Champ though, it'll help.

Okay fair enough. I think he's ready to be honest, even if we just give him some time from the bench. Unsworth reckons he's ready judging from his comments last season and he was talking about 7 or eight of them by end of this season at latest. Bottom line we won't know unless they're given some opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.