Votes: 39 20.6%
  • Koeman IN

Votes: 77 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatara

Player Valuation: £90m
Here's the side Unsworth picked against Norwich last season where we won 3-0 with TWO DAYS for him to prepare!!!

Howard
Pennington/ Kenny
Stones
Jagielka
Baines
McCarthy / Lennon
Barry
Dowell / Barkley
Davies
Mirallas
Lukaku

Unsworth indicated that the four starlets are the tip of an iceberg of talent coming up through the ranks at Goodison Park and hopes Martinez's successor is someone who has the desire to nurture them.

He added: "I've been saying for a couple of years that there's not just a couple of players in each age group; we've got an abundance of quality. We probably have seven or eight players who, in my opinion, are either ready now or will be ready in 12 months' time.

"That will be the skill of the manager: can he blend top, established players with a new generation of unbelievable talent? Tom and Kieran and Jonjoe and Matty – their pedigree is of the highest level. They've played for England all the way through the age groups. All they needed is the opportunity and they've got that today and they've certainly taken it.

"If you watched that performance, you know that Kieran, Tom, Matty and Jonjoe are here to stay, and you build a team around that."

Happy enthusiastic players in the side all enjoying themselves and playing fluid entertaining football with pressing all over the pitch. Seven or eight youth players ready or nearly ready to come through.

That's what I want to see...not turgid football...like Unsworth says, we could build a team around the young exciting players who all looked like winners compared to this lot.

Make it happen farhad.

The side needs some pace and freshness which undoubtedly some youngsters would bring
I'm unsure of Dowell if I'm honest, he does labour on the ball a bit but then again it's quite the jump to senior football so I have no doubt I'm being harsh on him.
Davies deserves a shot. As much as I love GazBaz, he was really poor yesterday.

Here's the side Unsworth picked against Norwich last season where we won 3-0 with TWO DAYS for him to prepare!!!

Howard
Pennington/ Kenny
Stones
Jagielka
Baines
McCarthy / Lennon
Barry
Dowell / Barkley
Davies
Mirallas
Lukaku

Unsworth indicated that the four starlets are the tip of an iceberg of talent coming up through the ranks at Goodison Park and hopes Martinez's successor is someone who has the desire to nurture them.

He added: "I've been saying for a couple of years that there's not just a couple of players in each age group; we've got an abundance of quality. We probably have seven or eight players who, in my opinion, are either ready now or will be ready in 12 months' time.

"That will be the skill of the manager: can he blend top, established players with a new generation of unbelievable talent? Tom and Kieran and Jonjoe and Matty – their pedigree is of the highest level. They've played for England all the way through the age groups. All they needed is the opportunity and they've got that today and they've certainly taken it.

"If you watched that performance, you know that Kieran, Tom, Matty and Jonjoe are here to stay, and you build a team around that."

Happy enthusiastic players in the side all enjoying themselves and playing fluid entertaining football with pressing all over the pitch. Seven or eight youth players ready or nearly ready to come through.

That's what I want to see...not turgid football...like Unsworth says, we could build a team around the young exciting players who all looked like winners compared to this lot.

Make it happen farhad.

you mean the last game of the season, where both teams were wanting to get off and go on holiday, and the academy coach picks a pew of the kids (who to be fair you now think are the best thing ever) and now you want him as manager?

He is playing Niasse every week he can mate, tells you all you need to know.

The side needs some pace and freshness which undoubtedly some youngsters would bring
I'm unsure of Dowell if I'm honest, he does labour on the ball a bit but then again it's quite the jump to senior football so I have no doubt I'm being harsh on him.
Davies deserves a shot. As much as I love GazBaz, he was really poor yesterday.

Agreed.

Apparently Dowell isnt doing too well in the u23s at the moment but Kenny, Holgate, Davies, Connolly etc have all stepped up along with him and done well

That Unsworth side was the best performance with happy exciting football being played since Joe Royle was manager...thats what i want to see.

They want to play for him as well.

Howard
Pennington/ Kenny
Stones
Jagielka
Baines
McCarthy / Lennon
Barry
Dowell / Barkley
Davies
Mirallas
Lukaku

Make it happen farhad.

Zatty what is this tosh please

come on mate, fair play he had a good game, but we were playing a already relegated team at home last game of the season, if there ever was a reason for a team not to try, Norwich had it.

Im not too fussed who we played...we could have played anyone and done well...hungry players who never stopped running...smiles on their faces...exciting football...goals...

Anyone we played that day would have struggled to live with us.

Agreed.

Apparently Dowell isnt doing too well in the u23s at the moment but Kenny, Holgate, Davies, Connolly etc have all stepped up along with him and done well

That Unsworth side was the best performance with happy exciting football being played since Joe Royle was manager...thats what i want to see.

Zat, you know I like you but THAT above is absolutely outrageous.

Everton 3-0 Arsenal at Goodison 2 seasons ago.
Martinez's first season, Everton 3-2 Newcastle. First half we were absolutely outstanding.

I agree we need an injection of youth but let's not go overboard eh?

you mean the last game of the season, where both teams were wanting to get off and go on holiday, and the academy coach picks a pew of the kids (who to be fair you now think are the best thing ever) and now you want him as manager?

He is playing Niasse every week he can mate, tells you all you need to know.

Based on performances this and last season, Holgate, Galloway and Davies should be starting and a few on the bench coming through as well.

Thats clear as day...

Agreed.

In a league where Niasse is actually not terrible in?!

Meaningless how good they are for the under 23s, beating reading's kids away is not the same as playing on a tuesday night in stoke, or a untied at home match, or a derby, or a man city game etc

Ergo, stop basing their suitability for the first team from a league that is proven to be at around league 2 level anyway based on where most of them end up

Based on performances this and last season, Holgate, Galloway and Davies should be starting and a few on the bench coming through as well.

Thats clear as day...
what performances? Holgate aside (who is no better than coleman, and apparently a centre half anyway) what performances do you base it on?

Zat, you know I like you but THAT above is absolutely outrageous.

Everton 3-0 Arsenal at Goodison 2 seasons ago.
Martinez's first season, Everton 3-2 Newcastle. First half we were absolutely outstanding.

I agree we need an injection of youth but let's not go overboard eh?

Oh, im not saying we havent played better...we have in the odd game (which this was also i guess)...but have the players played with the swagger, smiles and energy that we had against Norwich?

Not for years...it was a blend of Royles dogs of war + champagne football.

In a league where Niasse is actually not terrible in?!

Meaningless how good they are for the under 23s, beating reading's kids away is not the same as playing on a tuesday night in stoke, or a untied at home match, or a derby, or a man city game etc

Ergo, stop basing their suitability for the first team from a league that is proven to be at around league 2 level anyway based on where most of them end up

Which of the players who have come through under unsworth in the past 3 years have not been up to scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.