Votes: 13 6.9%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 39 20.6%
  • Koeman IN

Votes: 77 40.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dowell's form has dipped because he's disillusioned with Koeman giving him no opportunities. I spoke to Joe Royle several months back and he reckoned Dowell would be playing for full England team within a couple of seasons. I was a bit taken aback to be honest but he really rates him.

Not surprised in the slightest. He looks (like Deulofeu) like a player who enjoys games and likes to be confident and motivated...

Koeman wont help his career. I bet Unsworth is secretly gutted about his handling of these players.

Doubt it Zat, maybe after we play on Sunday.

But im 90% certain your the only person that wants to give the job to Unsworth.

38 votes from Evertonians say differently.

I wonder what the RS fans would want us to do...

"looks at league form and playing style"

Great just what we need, another mentally weak player.

Its not mentally week to be working for a company and know that you will never ever be promoted under the current management no matter what you do.

Its natural to slack off a bit and look for other opportunities which is what most of the u23s will be doing right now.

Koeman may as well be Rick Wee for the amount of time (1 game) hes watched a match.

If the stupid RS can blood youngsters what's holding us back? Especially given the tripe we've recently been served.

Not surprised in the slightest. He looks (like Deulofeu) like a player who enjoys games and likes to be confident and motivated...

Koeman wont help his career. I bet Unsworth is secretly gutted about his handling of these players.

Given his comments at the end of last season it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Its not mentally week to be working for a company and know that you will never ever be promoted under the current management no matter what you do.

Its natural to slack off a bit and look for other opportunities which is what most of the u23s will be doing right now.

Koeman may as well be Rick Wee for the amount of time (1 game) hes watched a match.

I disagree, if he is talented enough he should be going out and showing that he is good enough for the first team so he cant ignore him.

Again its been what, 14 games?

I voted to keep Koeman, as in all honesty I think replacing him after 12 games when we are 7th would be much too harsh. However I do think Zat is onto something quite important.

People should not under-estimate the result against Norwich. Yes they ended up being relegated, but lest we forget turgid home performances against West Brom and Swansea last season. We should also not forget the hammerings we were taking most games around that time, or indeed we got battered by a Sunderland team one game before who finished just one place above Norwich. That was a superb turnaround to win the game, but also the manner in which we won it would lead to positive reviews.

What Unsworth did was promote 3 young players to the first team (Kenny, Davies & Dowell) as well as starting the game with Pennington who was a bit of a fringe player. Lads like Besic, Mori, Lennon, Peinaar, Osman, Barkley & Deulofeu were all left out. It was a big statement on 2 levels. primarily it showed enormous confidence in the younger players to outperform some of the senior lads. However it was also great testament to the job he had done in preparing the young players for first team football.

Of the last 6 months that is probably our bets performance. We played with a pace, an intensity and also a sense of adventure. Players pressed and got around the pitch. All of these things sound very simple yet we are not doing them now and haven't done them for a long time. For Unsworth to have achieved that transformation in 2 days with the squad was as I say a big achievement.

What worries me now is that we have a squad that just isn't fit enough. We have 2 older centre halves who sit deeper, Barry who while a good player can't cover ground as he did, Barkley still doesn't look fit enough while Lukaku is fitter he still isn't a runner like say a Shane Long. You may be able to get away with one or 2 of the above issues but when you factor them all in right down the spine of the team we have a side who are not fit enough. That's before you factor in a lad like Baines who can't cover ground as much as he did, Coleman who seemingly doesn't want too, and Deulofeu/Mirallas who Koeman openly acknowledges are not able to provide the pressing he requires.

This team is crying out for some younger players. Watching Davies play last season, even though he was only 17 was an eye opener. Not just because of how good a performance it was and what a player we have on our hands, but also as it illustrated what we've been missing for 2-3 years perfectly in a performance. Without doing anything amazing he had the legs to get around the pitch, to tackle and block but also a bit of quality on the ball.

Our situation now while not as serious is reminiscent of the mid 90's under Walker. I would urge anybody to go and read Joe Royle's book and see what he says of that team. He and Willie Donachie studied hours of video and both drew the same conclusion which was "soft touch". It was a side filled with players who while technically decent and while holding big reputations ultimately didn't work hard enough and were too easy to play against. Royle promoted lads like Parkinson and Hincliffe from the reserves while restoring Horne-Ebbrell to midfield and moved deeper lying players like Stuart further forward. This was essentially what Unsworth did and what we need now.

I am not going to call for Koemans head short of relegation form. I will give him the January transfer window and hope he brings some lads in to help us. But we really can't go on indefinitely giving this squad of players opportunities to fail.

More unfounded sensationalism from Zat to keep his thread popular lol

I voted to keep Koeman, as in all honesty I think replacing him after 12 games when we are 7th would be much too harsh. However I do think Zat is onto something quite important.

People should not under-estimate the result against Norwich. Yes they ended up being relegated, but lest we forget turgid home performances against West Brom and Swansea last season. We should also not forget the hammerings we were taking most games around that time, or indeed we got battered by a Sunderland team one game before who finished just one place above Norwich. That was a superb turnaround to win the game, but also the manner in which we won it would lead to positive reviews.

What Unsworth did was promote 3 young players to the first team (Kenny, Davies & Dowell) as well as starting the game with Pennington who was a bit of a fringe player. Lads like Besic, Mori, Lennon, Peinaar, Osman, Barkley & Deulofeu were all left out. It was a big statement on 2 levels. primarily it showed enormous confidence in the younger players to outperform some of the senior lads. However it was also great testament to the job he had done in preparing the young players for first team football.

Of the last 6 months that is probably our bets performance. We played with a pace, an intensity and also a sense of adventure. Players pressed and got around the pitch. All of these things sound very simple yet we are not doing them now and haven't done them for a long time. For Unsworth to have achieved that transformation in 2 days with the squad was as I say a big achievement.

What worries me now is that we have a squad that just isn't fit enough. We have 2 older centre halves who sit deeper, Barry who while a good player can't cover ground as he did, Barkley still doesn't look fit enough while Lukaku is fitter he still isn't a runner like say a Shane Long. You may be able to get away with one or 2 of the above issues but when you factor them all in right down the spine of the team we have a side who are not fit enough. That's before you factor in a lad like Baines who can't cover ground as much as he did, Coleman who seemingly doesn't want too, and Deulofeu/Mirallas who Koeman openly acknowledges are not able to provide the pressing he requires.

This team is crying out for some younger players. Watching Davies play last season, even though he was only 17 was an eye opener. Not just because of how good a performance it was and what a player we have on our hands, but also as it illustrated what we've been missing for 2-3 years perfectly in a performance. Without doing anything amazing he had the legs to get around the pitch, to tackle and block but also a bit of quality on the ball.

Our situation now while not as serious is reminiscent of the mid 90's under Walker. I would urge anybody to go and read Joe Royle's book and see what he says of that team. He and Willie Donachie studied hours of video and both drew the same conclusion which was "soft touch". It was a side filled with players who while technically decent and while holding big reputations ultimately didn't work hard enough and were too easy to play against. Royle promoted lads like Parkinson and Hincliffe from the reserves while restoring Horne-Ebbrell to midfield and moved deeper lying players like Stuart further forward. This was essentially what Unsworth did and what we need now.

I am not going to call for Koemans head short of relegation form. I will give him the January transfer window and hope he brings some lads in to help us. But we really can't go on indefinitely giving this squad of players opportunities to fail.

Good Post

Think we're getting a bit excited after one match with Unsworth in charge, myself guilty for it.

There's no chance he'd be offered the job - I think the right thing would be to allow him take up the chance for a lower club and see if he's successful - then bring him in when Koeman either flops or uses us as the stepping stone he wants.

To be honest, I wonder if Unsworth has been offered any sort of job elsewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.