The stench of mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year was about getting the foundations in place. We did just about enough I thought. It was OK, but nothing more.

This year was about getting top 6 or very close. That was the minimum I thought was acceptable given how much money we spent yet again.

We are going to be nearer the bottom 6 unless there is a swift and drastic improvement.

Just how long do you suggest we need to be patient and accept dross. It's been my entire lifetime.

I won't be pandering to plucky little everton mentality when our manager thinks he has a squad where he can leave 30m signings on the bench. This year was our chance and we've blown it in 6 weeks. It's hard to stomach.

Other teams were already well built and only need 1 or 2 signings to try and maintain the build. We have had to start from basically scratch whilst trying to clear out the unwanted. Yes we have spent a few bob but not without trying to balance the books along the way. We are still a distance away from top 6 and with injuries already in the midfield area hasn't helped the cause. We failed to get the CB we needed and failed in getting an experienced striker in. With what we currently have in players we still fall well short.

like I said a couple of weeks ago Tim, truth is we’re a nothing team in par with the West Ham’s of this world

We are in a much worse position than them right now but in the grand scheme of things, there's no comparison. They've came above us about 3 times in 20 years.

I don't accept the patience and transition arguments those year. Everyone knew this was the year we needed to target and push higher up the table. There is no excuse for this start, maybe bar Marcel Brands' obsession with deadline day panic buying and him not signing a centre half for some unknown reason.

As far as I'm concerned, the league has gone already those season. We've somehow managed to cock up the easiest start imaginable in 6 weeks. Only the cups can save us.

That's unacceptable and this manager deserves the sack way more than Martinez or Koeman. He got the benefit of the doubt after Millwall and didn't make the most of it.

We are in a much worse position than them right now but in the grand scheme of things, there's no comparison. They've came above us about 3 times in 20 years.

I don't accept the patience and transition arguments those year. Everyone knew this was the year we needed to target and push higher up the table. There is no excuse for this start, maybe bar Marcel Brands' obsession with deadline day panic buying and him not signing a centre half for some unknown reason.

As far as I'm concerned, the league has gone already those season. We've somehow managed to cock up the easiest start imaginable in 6 weeks. Only the cups can save us.

That's unacceptable and this manager deserves the sack way more than Martinez or Koeman. He got the benefit of the doubt after Millwall and didn't make the most of it.
A truly "big" club with ambitions would sack him, this is unacceptable or should be seen as being unacceptable.

Other teams were already well built and only need 1 or 2 signings to try and maintain the build. We have had to start from basically scratch whilst trying to clear out the unwanted. Yes we have spent a few bob but not without trying to balance the books along the way. We are still a distance away from top 6 and with injuries already in the midfield area hasn't helped the cause. We failed to get the CB we needed and failed in getting an experienced striker in. With what we currently have in players we still fall well short.

Those are all obviously reasons we are struggling. But they are not reasonable excuses.

We've cocked it up monumentally again. Pure and simple. I won't be defending them one bit. Any club with ambition would never have appointed this manager. Now we are also scared to replace him.

We've lost our way and I doubt we'll ever get back on track any time soon.

Those are all obviously reasons we are struggling. But they are not reasonable excuses.

We've cocked it up monumentally again. Pure and simple. I won't be defending them one bit. Any club with ambition would never have appointed this manager. Now we are also scared to replace him.

We've lost our way and I doubt we'll ever get back on track any time soon.

Don't think we were in a good position to get anyone better.

I’d love to see him sacked. It’s as straight forward as that. I just hope his replacement is someone who knows how to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.